Increasing Active Straddle Splits

Started by Dillon Kolacz, July 7, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,787 Views

Dillon Kolacz

What are some good stretches or body positions that will help increase passive straddle splits? Besides stretching in straddle splits on the floor is there any other body positions that are helpful? I've seen some people put their butts against the wall and let their legs kind of sit on the wall in a straddle... i'm not sure what that does lol.

Quick Start Test Smith

Kolacz, there are already a number of threads about stretching and flexibility. Read them before you ask any questions :)

Dillon Kolacz

oh wow what i want to learn is how to increase ACTIVE straddle splits

phken4343

Well, you won't achieve much "active" flexibility if your passive flexibility is not good. You're talking about something similar to the Straddle-L, right?

Dillon Kolacz

I would just like to open my legs wider in straddle anything :/ well I feel like I know how to increase the passive straddle splits... and that would be conventional stretching right? will active flexibility come with passive flexibility or do I need to train both separately?