Soda during & after workout?

Started by chingyvang, July 7, 2011 · 6 Replies · 3,372 Views

chingyvang

I'm not a nutritionists, but I've heard of sugar in between sets and after a workout and it works for me. Now is carbonated soda good for the same thing?

Kyle Courville

Soda is not good. Period. Sorry. :cry:

Try to use the least processed/most natural foods you can.

chingyvang
kyle said:
Soda is not good. Period. Sorry. :cry:

Try to use the least processed/most natural foods you can.

Thanks, I will stick to grapes, orange, etc

Newguy

Uhm I am not a nutritionist either, but I can tell you two things, number one is that soda is probably your worst option to drink at anytime, especially when you are working out. Number two is that 99% of all soda's do not have real sugar in them, most have stuff like aspartame, High fructose corn syrup, and other fake unnatural sweeteners, which are basically sweet tasting poison. And even the ones that do have real sugar are normally white sugar, also called "white death" and it is called that for a reason, although this is alot better it is still deadly if you have it on a normal basis.

Newguy

I forgot to mention that most sports drinks, vitamin water, energy drinks are just as bad offenders :evil:

Samuel Carr

In the sticky titled Perfect Pre, Mid, and Post Workout Nutrition, Slizzardman suggests eating something like jelly bean candy or grapes for sugar during a workout.

EastWind

An advice from Charles Poliquin's website, with regards to eating out:

"Have water with lemon or lime. This helps alkalize the blood. The more alkaline you are, the less cortisol you make."

Maybe this helps with the workout, too, I don't know, I'm only having water during training.