form check advance tuck front lever

Started by meep, July 6, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,474 Views

meep

I know it is not the best angle, I will get a better one at the park Friday or Saturday when I have a friend to film me.

90hi0fnfI2s

I guess its a little high, are my feet in the right place ? I get the hips pushed up, flat back, shoulders together elements just not the where to put your legs to stop you from rounding and making harder then necessary. Any help would be great.

Samuel Carr

Im not sure but it seems as if youre trying to do Flat Tuck FLs, and you're holding it for around 30 seconds, but as you noticed your form is not all there. You should probably go back to regular tuck FL and see if you can easily hold it for 60s with perfect form. If you can do that, then time yourself for flat tuck FL but make sure your form is perfect and that you stop as soon a your form starts to give. Oh and also when you take a new video make sure you get a clear shot of the scapula area which is necessary in order to give a solid criticism.

meep

Thanks for the comment

I can hold a tuck front lever with good form for 60 seconds, I am just a little confused about flat tuck form as in all the videos/photos of people doing flat tuck their lower back and leg position are all different.

I will repost a video once I have time to go to a park for better viewing angles.

Samuel Carr

Lower back needs to be flat/straight. I'm pretty sure for this to work and allow you to extend your spine, youre gonna have to put your legs out a bit. Probably like a 90 degree angle (maybe a little less would be possible) between stomach and thighs, and whatever angle is comfortable for you at the knee. Just keep leverage in mind

Quick Start Test Smith

You should do something about orienting your camera properly... :lol: