My Basic Ring Strenght 3 - 5 months of work

Started by Falcon, July 6, 2011 · 12 Replies · 3,370 Views

Falcon

Hi

This is my Basic Ring Streght 3

It's about 5 months since I've started with gymnastic workouts.

I am 17 years old, height 178cm, weight 63-64kg.

Before and After

Pull-ups - Kipping / 3x 10kg Pull-up

Dips - Non-existent / 20kg PB Dip

HSPU - Negative HeSPU / about 10 HeSPU

Muscle Up - Non-existent / No Kip No Swing MU

PL - Momentary Tuck / 10s Tuck (Altough I'm working on PL Leans instead, waiting for 60s FX L)

FL - 3 sec. Tuck / 6x10s Flat Tuck

BL - 10 sec. Tuck / 10x6s Half Lay

HS - 20 sec. Wall / Over 1 min. Wall or +-30s Free standing

L-Sit- 20 sec. Low L-Sit / 6x10 sec. FX L-Sit (It's more like Advanced due to my weak pike compression)

XR Support- Non-existent / Over 60 sec. RTO XR Support

Press to Shoulderstand achieved

HeS RLL achieved

N5qm-rR_gDQ

By the way: The Strap-Cross in the end is just for fun, I don't train for it at all.

I would appreciate critique and tips on what should I focus now.

I'm leaving on Friday for a small active-recovery ( :lol: ) "vacation". I'll spend five days canoeing with my friends and girlfriend, the nutrition part of this will be really hard as no fridge will be available :D (What to eat??? :o - Almost no veggies :( ) Hopefully I won't lose any of my strenght during those five days (It sounds funny I know, but those are my first five days without working out, it's kinda wierd :? )

After that a training utopia starts. Almost unlimited amount of sleep, high protein diet, I'll cook only for myself and I'll have almost 2 full months to improve my abilities.

gymgreg

That is some pretty good progress you made in that little amount of time.

When lowering to inverted hang, try to slow down the movement more. At the moment it looks a bit violent.

But overall it looks like you are doing a great job on the exercises.

And don't worry about taking a couple of days off. If anything you will be stronger afterwards because your soft tissue has some time to heal.

Looking forward to seeing you progressing.

EastWind

That's a nice progress!

Just one advice from me. When you do dips (I am talking about dips on PB, not XT, because I didn't do the lattest), try to touch the shoulders with your thumbs, go as low as you can until you feel there is no way for you to go lower, leave all your weight on you wrist without resisting, like you'd be a rock thrown into the water, going down to the bottom, then push back all way up. I was doing hundreds of dips and lot of weighted ones, but nothing compares to full ROMs. I have taken off some weights, but it doesn't matter, the exercise has more value now.

When you leave for vacation and you're not sure about the food you'll have there, just take some protein powder and vitamins & minerals with you. You only need water there to make some tasty shakes and keep you in shape. I don't think that one week off will have any impact on your strength, just have fun, stay out of injuries and return to training with more energy. :)

Falcon

I'm back :D

Thanks guys, gymgreg you've given me alot of inspiration for my workouts with your videos, thanks :)

deodatus: I do full range dips, I generally don't like doing any exercise with less than full ROM. As for my vacation, I've brought protein powder and glucose with me, and I had like two 1l bottles with 30g of protein and 15-20g of glucose and today I'm only 61.8kg, looks like I've lost alot of body fat, but no muscles. This went better than expected :D

Martin de Jesus Ponce Robaldino

you have a pretty good form, i think is a great advance in 5 months, keep going =)

Timy7

It also looks like your not quite locking out your left elbow, make sure to lock them and turn the rings out.

Otherwise amazing progress man, keep at it!

griffdrc

looks like you could press your shoulders down more in ring support...

try to retract shoulder blades on front lever...

overall, nice job!

Felix Schreiter

hi falcon,

i am pretty impressed by your progress and really interested in your workoutplan. do you use the WODs and a steady state cycle? if yes could you give some examples of the progress you made for the static holds during one cycle? i am 17 as well (just that i have 184cm and 90kg) and my progress on the static seems to be much slower than yours, even if my boday fat percentage is not really high. maybe you have some advice on what really helped you and might help me as well.

the only thing i recognised was, that your arms during the l-sit at 0:40 do not look completely locked. maybe that is due to the perspective, but have a look at it.

Horst

Falcon
Horstmalibu said:
hi falcon,

i am pretty impressed by your progress and really interested in your workoutplan. do you use the WODs and a steady state cycle? if yes could you give some examples of the progress you made for the static holds during one cycle? i am 17 as well (just that i have 184cm and 90kg) and my progress on the static seems to be much slower than yours, even if my boday fat percentage is not really high. maybe you have some advice on what really helped you and might help me as well.

the only thing i recognised was, that your arms during the l-sit at 0:40 do not look completely locked. maybe that is due to the perspective, but have a look at it.

Horst

Yea my arms aren't really straight there, but it's fixed already.

About my statics, I just use SSC, and now WOD - WOD because you can never make really all around progress with your templates, the WOD is the best thing to go for, I'm already sick of designing routines for myself, because I end up undertrained, or absolutely "dead". Plus I always do some of my programings after or before the WODs, as my SSC warmup, which is designed to build the strenght where I want it. You may progress slower because of your height, but be patient! Like really patient, patience is THE KEY, when it comes to static work. The other thing is doing as the body wants, listen to your body, and build the SSC warmup as you think it's best for you, nobody can make you a routine over the internet, that's for sure.

Matthew Mossop

Looks very good for 3 - 5 months... I'd be more than happy if I were there in that amount of time.

Also, RE: dips: should we try to touch our shoulders to our thumbs while doing these on rings too?

Falcon
mattk said:
Looks very good for 3 - 5 months... I'd be more than happy if I were there in that amount of time.

Also, RE: dips: should we try to touch our shoulders to our thumbs while doing these on rings too?

I think absolutely, go as deep as you can.

Rubi Roubal

Falcone, vypadá to fakt velmi dobře na to, jestli trénuješ mezi 3 - 5 měsíce, je to fakt bomba :shock: plus je fajn tady vidět nějakého Čecha :D

Falcon it looks very good if you train only for a few months, it is really awesome, plus it is nice to see some Czech around this forum about gymnastics.

I joined this forum about month ago and started doing "all", reasonable level of it, cool stuff instead of weightlifting I started to bulk up due to it, which I really did not want to. The Idea of practicing only with your bodyweight is awesome. Äeské "gymnastice" zdar :mrgreen:

Falcon
rubi said:
Falcone, vypadá to fakt velmi dobře na to, jestli trénuješ mezi 3 - 5 měsíce, je to fakt bomba :shock: plus je fajn tady vidět nějakého Čecha :D

Falcon it looks very good if you train only for a few months, it is really awesome, plus it is nice to see some Czech around this forum about gymnastics.

I joined this forum about month ago and started doing "all", reasonable level of it, cool stuff instead of weightlifting I started to bulk up due to it, which I really did not want to. The Idea of practicing only with your bodyweight is awesome. Äeské "gymnastice" zdar :mrgreen:

Haha! Zdar! Great to see another guy from czech republic here! :)

Actually I did 5 months of training, the 3 is there because it's Basic Ring Strenght #3 :D I'm stronger a bit by now :)