I HAVE RECENTLY MOVED TO A STRADDLE L. MY LEGS ARE VERY BELOW HORIZONTAL BUT I AM PROGRESSING. I CAN ONLY HOLD IT FOR THREE SECONDS BEFORE I HAVE TO STOP BECASUE MY HIP FLEXORS SCREAM AT ME AND CRAMP. sOME PEOPLE, WHEN THEY CAN HOLD A POSITION FOR 6S THEY DO 10X6S. BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY SETS I SHOULD DO IF I CAN ONLY HOLD THIS STATIC POSITION FOR 3S. ANY IDEAS HOW MANY SETS I SHOULD DO WITHOUT OVER WORKING MYSELF?
STATIC HOLDS
Started by Ian Legrow, July 6, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,982 Views
Personally i think if one can only do a 3 second hold its going to be better to work a variation you can hold longer. Try elevating yourself so you can let your legs hand a little lower.
Also if you haven't been work on your straddle flexibility.
Finally, remember on the internet all capital letters means you are shouting. Turn the caps lock off, thanks.
I will not start straddle L until I will do a full side split with isometric (currently at 5x60s 1 palm from ground), because it's very tossing on my body and cannot do both together.
Also, when I will introduce it in my training with full flexibilty and strength, it will be quick and easy. ![]()
That's just my opinion, if you want it get it. But remember that you NEED at least a 30s Lsit before trying the straddle.
I am able to do 3x30s l-sit on p-bar and 3x15s l-sit on rings. If stretching is the way to go, I really can never find a perfect way to stretch. should i do it every day, or every tuesday and thursday like i was doing my straddle l's, or should i stick to my straddle l's and jsut do it on a higher surface? or should i do both? I dont remeber what the first prerequisite is in the book is called but i was able to do that with my thighs parallel to the floor and from the knee down bent, and although it did work i was able to do 3x30s so i figured i should progress. Sorry for all teh questions, but i have no other training except this website and the book so thank you for your help
if you want straddle start training it now. You will add tons of strength in the hips and isometric for the split will not be a problem.
If you want both side split and straddle, invest some time doing exercise for adductors and then some months of isometrics for split (search on forum, some post are mine) and later the straddle will be very easy.
It really depends on what you want, if you want both I dont really know which way is faster, mine takes alot but works.
You should try to hold an L sit higher for quad and abdominal strength. I can hold an L sit for at least 45s and straddle for 30s before my quads get the best of me. I noticed that a high L sit (not lifting the legs like a v sit, but getting a closer active pike) is really hard.