Advanced L-Sit Question

Started by Seiji, July 6, 2011 · 7 Replies · 3,428 Views

Seiji

Just a quickie here:

In the advanced L sit you flatten the back, right? Well, when I do one, I'm barely touching the ground. Sort of like the difference between planche and swallow. I could continue practice like this, it doesn't bother me, but I'm wondering how common this sort of thing is or if I'm doing it wrong.

Cole Dano

Sure that's got to be normal since a lot of the lift in a regular L-sit comes from rounding the back. I think its suitable to do adv L with some sort of elevation. At this point the feet going too low should no longer be an issue, which is one of the main reasons for using the floor, to make sure the feet are really up.

Felipe

don't bother with advanced if you don't have a 3x30s/1x60s Lsit without too much pain. I'm getting only now to the principle of long and slow progression, it's easier sometimes, definitely not fun, but as coach said it pays substancial dividends in the end :D

Seiji

It's quite a bit more torso strain than the regular L, but I have no problem lifting the legs at all. Just for practice I keep them as parallel to the floor as possible. I can hold it for about twenty seconds, I was just checking if I was doing it correctly :P Thanks!

Oh, and it's very different when you turn your hands backwards >:D

learningtofly

Indeed, I would just like to see an advanced L-sit hands 180° backwards :P

Seiji

The shape of my back is crazy, I didn't realize I could do that. If I push the hips forwards a little, then it flattens out entirely. What's the word on arching in the other direction in an L sit? lmfao

AdvancedL.png

Blairbob

Still need to push the hips more forward.

Newguy

Nice soul patch :)