criticise my front lever

Started by Jhaek, July 5, 2011 · 17 Replies · 3,020 Views

RatioFitness

A lot of upper back rounding. Go back to a progressions where you can pull the scapula together more and flatten the back. Work your way back up.

How long did it take you to get to this point?

Jhaek
RatioFitness said:
A lot of upper back rounding. Go back to a progressions where you can pull the scapula together more and flatten the back. Work your way back up.

How long did it take you to get to this point?

I never trained for it acctually

RatioFitness

To be honest, I hate people like you. No offense, I just hate people I am jealous of.

Blairbob

Damn, pretty nice.

Jhaek

Well I worked hard to get this far and Im improving more and more.Its been 10 months since I started doing gymnast and Im a self-learner :S

Eddie Stelling

So you have trained gymnastics for 10 months but never trained the FL??? If you never trained a front lever and pulled that off I am also jealous of you! Very nice, but I have a hard time believing that was your first FL.

Jhaek
Eddie said:
So you have trained gymnastics for 10 months but never trained the FL??? If you never trained a front lever and pulled that off I am also jealous of you! Very nice, but I have a hard time believing that was your first FL.

well I lied abit.I trained for it but very low I mean recently Ive been training one arm negatives and before that I did 1-2 weeks for core exercsies Ice cream makers as slow as possible so thats all the work Ive done recently for it.Maybe I had the strength but I had tension problems.Also I did lots of back lever in my life :DAlso I remeber doing an exercise in which from a hang you go into the front lever but I was unable to hold it.Even now I cant get into it like that because I cant focus my core tension >.>Bah but I must fix the round back.Ive always had issuses with it ...

yuri marmerstein

some people are just naturally strong in certain areas

I got full back lever my first try for example but have been struggling with front lever for years

My friend who is naturally strong in pulling was able to get a solid front lever in a few months of training it

Jhaek
yuri said:
some people are just naturally strong in certain areas

I got full back lever my first try for example but have been struggling with front lever for years

My friend who is naturally strong in pulling was able to get a solid front lever in a few months of training it

I agree with you.

Eddie Stelling
yuri said:
some people are just naturally strong in certain areas

I got full back lever my first try for example but have been struggling with front lever for years

My friend who is naturally strong in pulling was able to get a solid front lever in a few months of training it

Yea I know...I just meant that if you trained Gymnastic Strength Training™ for 10 months you had to have hit some front lever work at some point! And the form looks pretty solid to me, some slight rounding but definitely didn't look like his first FL ever! But I know what you mean, I am the same way, I had a full BL within a 1-2 weeks of training it on a bar but the front lever is taking me forever!!! I wish had this natural strength gene in the planche position.

Jhaek

so what do you think on my half lay picture? is my back still so rounded ?maybe if I lift my head up abit it will fix i dont know :S

Aaron Griffin

Still looks rounded to me. Push your chest up a bit

Jhaek
phrak said:
Still looks rounded to me. Push your chest up a bit

Ill try

Jhaek

I tried my best and failed .Its still the same .Should I try to flatten the back or should I go to progression where my back is flat?

Jhaek

Please someone tell me your oppinion

Michael Traynor

Posting this video I made tonight on various FL threads just in case it helps to clear up any of the confusion :)

3HJHHZuIGMA