Confused about proper l-sit posture

Started by triquetrum, July 5, 2011 · 2 Replies · 4,910 Views

triquetrum

Hello, everyone. I finally did my first l-sit after 4 weeks of training but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. I'm doing it on my fingertips and I push up into a tucked sit and then extend my legs out. However, As soon as I extend into the l-sit, my entire body moves back so that my hands end up being beside my upper legs. That might sound confusing, so here's a video I found of a guy doing it exactly like me (only he pushes directly into an l-sit):

nvhn_7LqJCA

Basically, should the hands be in line with the back or is it fine the way it is? Is having the hands in line with the l-sit a harder variation? I don't have money in my budget yet to get BtGB so I've been using one from a friend who's on vacation right now, so I can't check myself with the book.

Thanks!

Samuel Carr

What youre doing is normal. The body is just moving to your center of gravity and the hands will typically be in in front of your hips with your back rounded. However, as you get much stronger, then you can focus on having a flat back and pressing your hips forward so that your hands are in line with them. This is the advanced l-sit and is the hardest progression (besides doing it on rings).

triquetrum

Thank you very much!