So i can hold a 60 sec max straddle l with legs straight but below horizontal. So now what im wondering how i should start training straddle l's with one hand center. Do i perform a separate max hold for right/left hand centered or what? Im kinda confused by this. Also at what point do i start trying straddle l- partial rolls?
Straddle L-Sit progression
Started by Samuel Carr, July 5, 2011 · 4 Replies · 4,971 Views
I know this is like over two months later, but i jsut saw it today. I think for the straddle l you should do the same amount of time for both the left and the right hand. it might make one part of your body progress differently otherwise. To answer your second question, you shoudl go into the next progression when you can go longer then 15s (according to the book at least)
Okay, thanks for responding. I've been trying to hold my legs higher (but still below horizontal) and doing a few sets of roll to straddle-l and hold it for a second and it seems to be helping
I would treat those as skill work during the WU. 5-10x, rest as needed. If you're barely holding it for 1s, you're not really pushing a lot of volume. It can be somewhat intense but you are getting away with a lot due to the fact you are using a roll.
I see. I can't press into it yet because I dont have the compression strength required in my hip flexors so the rolling gives me the ability to get into it and from there I just hold until the cramps overtake me