This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110705

Started by Coach Sommer, July 5, 2011 · 10 Replies · 2,337 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

Walking HSPU Ladders

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes then start the Walking HSPU Ladders.

8 ) Begin with Box HeSPU; perform 2 reps then immediately do 6 steps of HS Wall Runs. Take a few breaths and then move on to Negative HeSPU performing 2 reps followed by 6 steps of HS Wall Runs, continue on upward through the HSPU progressions in this fashion until you reach the hardest variation you are capable of, rest 3-5 minutes and then reverse ladder back to the beginning. You will now have completed one round.

9) How many rounds you perform depends on the number of rungs that were in your ladder; e.g. you only made it to the first exercise, you will perform 10 rounds or if you made it to the 5th exercise, you will perform 2 rounds.

10) Adjust the reps in the Walking HSPU Ladder as necessary. If performing two reps at a time is too difficult, drop to one repetition of each variation. If performing two is too easy, increase to three, four or even five reps per variation.

Gustav

Birthday WOD!!!!!! YEAH! :D

And then relaxing with the familiy :b

Reece Nugent

Happy Birthday Gustav! :)

Any ideas for subing something for wall runs? My wrists wont be able to take it atm :(. Think i could do 1 cast wall walk instead? or should i sub the HSPU ladder for XR HS holds? 30secs 45s rest X12?

Also if i do, do the HSPU ladder, i havent got a HeSPU yet, would adding a Parallette Box HSPU work as a progression?

So id do Box HeSPU> walll run>Parallette Box HSPU> wall run> HeSPU neg> Wall runs. Then repeat

Josh Schmitter
Nugget said:
Happy Birthday Gustav! :)
Another year you have survived this earth :)
Nugget said:
Any ideas for subing something for wall runs? My wrists wont be able to take it atm :(. Think i could do 1 cast wall walk instead? or should i sub the HSPU ladder for XR HS holds? 30secs 45s rest X12?

I think XR holds would be a good sub. Also if possible you could do the wall runs in a Box HeSPU position.

Nugget said:
Also if i do, do the HSPU ladder, i havent got a HeSPU yet, would adding a Parallette Box HSPU work as a progression?So id do Box HeSPU> walll run>Parallette Box HSPU> wall run> HeSPU neg> Wall runs. Then repeat

That sounds good to me...again I am by no means an authority, but I have done all different subs before. I am super weak in pressing so I am doing pike push ups, dips, Box HeSPU Negatives. Then again, if you followed coach's programming, you'd just do the variations you are able to(for 1 rep even) and up the rounds.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine(minus wrist pushups)

FSP Pre-req Warmup

WOD:

-4x3 CWW (2-3min rest between sets)

-1x5 Press He(2min)

-1x10 Straddle Press He(8+2...neck was giving trouble...4min)

HSPU Ladders:3 Rounds

-6 wall runs between each, 5min rest between 1/2 rounds

-3 Pike Pushups(54in from wall)

-2 Full ROM dips

-1 Box HeSPU

2x10 Wrist Push ups on knees

Lower Leg Prehab

-Does anyone know if it's better/why you would do the He Presses with fingers turned back instead of front? I am going to research this later as I remember vaguely coming across it before in a handstand press post, but I did it today and it is definitely a lot harder on the arms with fingers front. Back I feel I can focus more on the back/abs.

Alex Solis

Man! Was this hard or what! First time I do this WOD, and I found out that I'm extremely weak :cry:

Warmed up with some jogging and then my regular FSP:

L-sit on XR

Back lever - tuck

Front lever . tuck

(did 8 sets of 8 seconds for each of the above)

Planche - frog stand (1 minute)

Regarding the Walking HSPU Ladders I got to the second variation: Negative HeSPU, but I couldn't finish the 5 corresponding rounds, I got to three (my wrists were killing me and I found myself too tired).

Also, I substituted the Box Press HS to Box Press HeS; I still can't press to HS even with a box.

Should I be embarassed for scaling down this much? I'm getting a little desperate here.

Any comments?

Reece Nugent

WU: Skipping, DU's

wrist routine

2rds

shoulder D/Cs 12

Hindu Pushup X6

Cast wall walk x 1

Headstand straddle press

Headstand pike press

OHS x5

BL 4 x 15 secs

WOD

4,4,4 cast wall walks

Heastand straddle 5,5. 4.5 plates i think

Headstand pike 5,5. 5 plates i think

HSPU Ladder

Box HeSPU> wall run>Parallette Box HSPU> wall run> HeSPU neg> Wall runs Up and back=1 -X3 rds

Wall runs from box so i didnt hurt wrist.

Neg HeSPU Felt awesome today! I think iv got enough strength do a HeSPU. Woot! Was able to do a slow 10sec negative in my 2nd rd.

a2hQ2EvqhCY

Can i get some feed back guys? :)

Thanks in advance

LIE

Some wu

Shoulder routine

Push up

Some double under

Wo

1x10 cww (7,1)

1x5 wall pike press

1x10 wall straddle press

Hs ladder 5 rungs, for 2 rounds

I forget doing wrist push up

Gustav
Nugget said:
Happy Birthday Gustav! :)

Thank you! :)

Richard Hamilton

3run, don't be embarrassed about your current ability. I'm not able to press to HS yet. For this WOD I do:

1x5 Tuck Press to HeS (lower in Pike)

1x10 Tuck Press to HeS

I sometimes feel like I ought to be further on with these but I'm impatient! It takes some self control to persevere with these basic moves but hopefully they will set me up for the harder variations in time. Don't beat yourself up about it and strive to make small improvements each time. I can only get to the HeSPU Negative as well, and I can't manage all 5 rounds. You're not alone! :)

Alex Solis
richie79 said:
3run, don't be embarrassed about your current ability. I'm not able to press to HS yet. For this WOD I do:

1x5 Tuck Press to HeS (lower in Pike)

1x10 Tuck Press to HeS

I sometimes feel like I ought to be further on with these but I'm impatient! It takes some self control to persevere with these basic moves but hopefully they will set me up for the harder variations in time. Don't beat yourself up about it and strive to make small improvements each time. I can only get to the HeSPU Negative as well, and I can't manage all 5 rounds. You're not alone! :)

Thanks for the support. I appreciate it. :D

Good luck with your training. Hopefully, a year from now or so, we'll be telling each other how we can do 10 reps or more of HS press without a box.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! KEEP THE HARD TRAINING UP!