Hi all,
I havent been on in a few years. I was progressing decently in my HS goals and then I got injured. I decided to join CrossFit to increase my muscle mass. I am very lean and putting on muscle has always been a struggle. After 6 weeks of training there, we were in a burpee session and both my elbows started to hurt very bad. Turns out my UCL was extremely agitated and both elbows were visibly swollen and red. I took 3 weeks off (couldnt do any sort of pressing) and returned to talk with the coach. After talking with him we came to the conclusion that I am too flexible and not strong enough for these dynamic strength routines.
This was almost 2 years ago now. I am a yoga teacher and practice regularly. 6'1, 170.I'm 33. My goals are to achieve a solid HS, 30 seconds and a planche has been in my mind for a long time. Im going to begin some specific training for these again but am wondering if there is anything I should keep in mind or change.
My plan is belly to wall HS 4x30s 4 times week
GH 3x30s for BL progress
3x30 pushup
L-SIT holds accumulating to 1 minute
3x10 pullup
Any tips would be great!