Critique my muscle ups?

Started by Timy7, June 30, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,041 Views

Timy7

I never asked for it, and would like to hear what this fine forum thinks I should work on /change.

My muscle ups feel incredibly strong, and I can do them with 30 pounds hanging from my waist and still strict but dont wanna progress anymore till I know form isnt awful.

Any and all critiques are very welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Newguy

They look pretty solid to me, although you still have a slight touch of forward lean in your transition, but really it looks quite smooth. Btw you have pretty nice bicep strength, how old are you? :)

Timy7

24 man, and thank you for the response.

Newguy

No prob, I needed to know how old you are so I had an excuse for you being slightly stronger then me :P

Rings

Muscle-up,forward,backward...roll...roll...pin..pan.....This is nice man!

Timy7

Thanks guys

yuri marmerstein

nice backward roll

try to straighten out your wrists a bit more when you planche

Michael Traynor

You are clearly very strong and your muscle up is (as you have said) solid. However since you want it critiqued I will suggest this:

You power through your MU quite dynamically, this could be due to it being easy for you but can also lead to relative weakness through the transition (compared to push and pull phases) a fun test Coach had me do was a VERY slow MU with a 30second (yes 30) negative phase, give it a try and post a video :)

Timy7

thank you very much guys

breaks I'll give that a try

yuri- that's from a ring guy telling me I shouldn't have straight wrists so tried it his way for a while working on straightening them again ;)