I have a daughter that can do a front handspring, but when she lands her dominant foot turns WAY out to the side. SHe's progressing well in other tumbling. We just don't how to fix this. I have noted that when she walks her feet do turn a little more out than is typical. Is there a training to fix this? I put an ankle brace on her and it was MUCH better, but still slightly turned. SHould she always wear the ankle brace?? Thanks for any advice.
tumbling problem
Started by clee, June 29, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,344 Views
Check for a lack of external rotation in the hips and knees or tie her feet together when practicing flysprings on a tumbl-trak or trampoline.
It's probably like blairbob said, a hip or knee thing. I'd pin it on the hips though, because I do this with my front aerials sometimes. It takes some conscious effort to try not to do it.
Thanks so much for the assistance. I thought it may be better to upload a BRIEF (5 seconds) video to help determine the problem.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2hhodpg&s=7
She can do round offs and back handsprings, but is still a novice. She's not able to do the recommended fly springs...
Any other suggestions or advice?
THANKS in advance!
She needs to fix her hand placement in the front handspring. Her left hand is far too forward of her right which means she is doing a tinsica in effect.
She also isn't blocking off her hands at all. It's more of a front walkover than anything else.
Thanks SO much!
Exactly what Blairbob said. It is also probably an issue of strength and body tension. Handspring is a powerful move not something you can just get with technique.
Good luck ![]()
Rev
Thanks, we've been working on her strength because we knew she had issues in this area, but we didn't realize that it could contribute to this problem.