This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ring strength series (how to adapt them better)

Started by Alvaro, June 29, 2011 · 6 Replies · 81 Views

Alvaro

So far the only place that I doubt about downgrading the WOD is with Ring strength series, as I can perform MU or Lsit to shoulder stand I have to do them with some separation, I follow the same order but as if I were doing a super series of exercices, suported MU then L sit then jump to Shoulder stand.... I there any way to further improve this?, As I have slight rest maybe I can´t get the intended effect..

I´ve been experiencing steady improvements since I could follow the WOD 4 days a week (march) :D , but maybe I could improve it even more!

Alvaro

I posted this in graduate just in case the reply belongs to the seminar...

Cole Dano

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=620#p2080

It is important to note that the basic ring strength series 1 can be incrementally adjusted to suit your individual training needs. Additional dips, or pull-ups and eventually full muscle-ups should be added to the series when possible. In fact, prior to moving on to the second basic ring strength series, I would prefer that you stay with the first series until you are capable of 3 muscle-ups in a row.

I've taken this to heart after many tries at emulating the other elements which often turned into over an hour spent in frustration and not really even getting a workout since everything was just too far off.

Now i do dips, pull ups and work on my MU that's it.

Honestly the MU is terribly frustrating for me, but i don't see any sense worrying about the other elements till it comes.

Alvaro

Oh! I missed that one! :oops: thank you. I´ll stick to that then, I am thinking in building some kind of dream machine to work the MU... any way I am dragging in dip strength compared with pulling strength, I hope to have a kipping MU for the october seminar!(maybe to optimistic?)

Blairbob

Well, you can use a band or self spotting device for the MU but I doubt it will help for the press to shoulderstand unless you were physically strapped into it (a true dream machine).

Cole Dano

I use parallets set up in front of a wall for the shoulder stand.

Alvaro

I got no problem jumping to the shoulder stand, I am practicing with legs inside the band and sometimes freestanding, the problem is pressing and then rolling from the SS, it feels more like plummeting to inverted hang!.

Respecting the pull ups and dips, how many reps? 3x3 maximum strength?(the most difficult variable possible)