This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Leading the Way Since 1775...

Started by Lcpl Jasiulek, August 16, 2008 · 20 Replies · 2,449 Views

Lcpl Jasiulek

The Marine Corps Way...

I'm 20 years young, currently a Lcpl in the Marine Corps. I'm 190lbs, 14%BF, and always motivated. I will be training and conditioning twice a day ( usually), with a run/circuit in the morning and whatever I planned for the evening. So i'm in pretty good shape and will be getting better and better.

I have a lot of focus on my core as I feel that needs more work.

Any comments are welcomed :P

Lcpl Jasiulek

080816 (Sat - Day 1)

Dynamic Stretching - 20 Mins (Various kicks, jumps, jogs etc. Did some handstands, im surprised i can hold what i think is a good handstand for a few seconds).

Circuit:

Sprint

Jumping Knee Tucks (10)

Sprint

Pull Ups (10)

Sprint

Burpees (10)

Sprint

Squats (15)

Repeat for 20min

Core:

3 Sets of Negative Dragon Flags

3 Sets of V-Ups

3 Sets of Hanging Knee Raises

Will do 20-30min of static stretching.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080817 (Sun - Day 2)

Dynamic Stretching - 30 Mins (Various, did more things than on Saturday)

Max Strength:

A1: Towel PullUps

A2: Glute Ham Raises

B1: Assisted One-Arn Pushup

B2: Assisted Pistols

C1: Pullups

C2: BW Squats

*I cant believe I forgot to do HSPU and and Dips...I need to remember those.

Did some benchmarking:

Wall Hand Stand (Stomach Against Wall)

-30sec, 15sec, 15sec for total of 1:00

L-Sit

-4sec, 4sec, 4sec, 4sec...I stopped after that. I need more flexability (in the pike for sure) and core strength. I feel i'm not flexable enough for good L-Sits yet. Definently on list for improving.

Planche Lean in Push Up Position

-20sec, 20sec, 20sec for total of 1:00

Dragon Flag, near verticle

-15sec, 15sec, 15sec, 15sec for total of 1:00

Superman Holds

-15sec, 20sec, 20sec, 5sec for total of 1:00

Before Bed:

30 Min of Active Stretching

2morrow = Fundamentals, Basics and Flexability training.

chauinc

You probably already know this because you in marines, but just remember to have rest days if you don't already. I'm saying this because you did work on saturday and sunday which usually are rest days. It is recommended to have a a schedule like this:

Monday:workout

Tuesday:workout

Wednesday:rest

Thursday:workout

Friday:workout

Saturday:rest

Sunday:rest

Recovery is just as important as the actual workout. If you already knew all this and have a different rest days just ignore the post.

Lcpl Jasiulek

Appreciated. Yeah i have rest days, i just couldnt wait to start my new training and conditioning = )

Lcpl Jasiulek

080818 (Mon - Day 2)

Morning: 1.5mile easy run

Dynamic Stretching: 30 min

Fundamental/Basics:

Handstand (25min)

-Next time, i'm going to practice other stuff

Core:

V-Ups, 3 sets

Negative Dragon Flags, 3 sets

Hanging Leg Tucks, 3 sets

L-Sit (Partial), 45 sec total.

080819 (Tues - Day 4)

Rest day, HA.

1 mile run, rolled my ankle BAD. So my right foot, right side is swollen.

Active Stretching: 30 min

Lcpl Jasiulek

080820 (Wed - Day 5)

Dynamic Stretching: 40min

Explosive Strength:

A1: Clap Pullups

A2: Jump to Heigh, Jump Off, Stick Landing

B1: Clap Pushups

B2: Ploymetric Pushups

B3: Alternating Pullups

Fundamental/Basics:

Wall Handstand Pratice: 20min

Psuedo Planche Pushups: 3 sets

Core:

V-Ups, 3 sets

Hollow Outs, 4 sets

L-Sits, 3 sets

Evening: 40min active stretching

080821

Actice Stretching, 30-40min

Lcpl Jasiulek

080822 (Fri - Day 7)

Morning: 20 min swim

Noon: Couple sets of psuedo planche pushups

Afternoon: 5 Sets Pullups, max effort

Dynamic: 30 min

I honestly tried to do a Max Strength Workout (instead of circuit due to rolled ankle), but I seriously didnt have the strength to do it. I even tried to do a few things, and just bit it, so i decided enough for today.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080823 (Sat - Day 8)

Dynamic: 40 min

Pull Ups: Pyramids

Max Strength:

A1: Pseudo Planche Pushups (On parallels)

A2: Weight Squats

B1: Towel Pullups

B2: Pistols

Core:

Negative Dragon Flags, 5 Holds

V-Ups, 3 sets

Hollowouts, 4 Holds

Active Stretching (static): 20-30min

I wanted to do more strength, but didn't have enough energy. In relation to energy, I had to cut my core workout off due to making it on time to chow hall, as they're only open for an hour on weekends (it sucks).

I may take today (Sunday) off to recoup. As 2morrow I know we'll have a hell of a PT session.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080823 (Sat - Day 8)

Dynamic: 30 min

Circuit: 20 min

-Burpees (8)

-Sprint Suicide (bball court)

-Pushups (8)

-Sprint Suicide

-V Ups (6)

-Sprint Suicide

-Jump Squats (8)

-Sprint Suicide

-----repeat for 20 min

Core:

Dragon Flag Negative Holds - 5

Hanging Knee Raises - 4 sets

2morrow I think i'll just do Fundamental and Basics.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080824 (Mon - Day 10)

Dynamic: 30 min

Pull Ups: 3 sets underhand, 3 sets overhand, 3 sets wide grip

Dips: 3 sets

Core:

L-sit, hold as many times til 40 sec

V-Ups with Hollow Hold, 3 sets

Active Static:

30min

Pretty trashy day...We got off late, and they had some basketball practice in the gym. WTF, this is a Marine Corps base, not a community center for kids. Gah, i need to find a proper gymnasim.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080826 (Tues - Day 11)

Dynamic: 30min

Wall HS Practice: 20 Min

----I'm starting to feel real good about Handstands. Im working a lot on hand control (like fingers and palm control).

Hollow Holds: 20sec, 15sec, 10sec, 13sec, 17sec

Pushups (Form): 3 sets

V-Ups: 3 sets

Pull Ups:

3 Undergrip

2 Overhand

2 Wide

Pistol: 3 sets

Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets

Static/Active: 30 min

Another bad day at work. 12+ hour work day, man I cant wait til im out of the Marine Corps.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080827 (Wed - Day 12)

No working out today, had to go the field. I HATE THE FIELD!!!! 2 Week field ops = bad times

080828 (Thurs - Day 13)

Got to come back on Wednsday night, thank god.

Dynamic: 30min

A1: Dips

A2: Jump Overs

B1: Pseudo Planche Pushups

B2: Squat Jumps

C1: Towel Pullups

C2: Weighted Squats

Core:

A1: Dragon Flag Negatives

A2: Hollow Outs

A3: V-Ups

080829 (Fri - Day 13)

No working out today either, going back to the field til next Tues. I will try to do some V-Ups, Hollow Outs, Planche Pushups while out there on my downtime.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080902 (Tues)

Ugh, just got back from the field. Im going back on Saturday. Basically all we did was stand 4-8 hour posts, then sleep, then posts.....I wanna shoot myself. So no working out today, way to tired.

But 2morrow, I'll definently workout. Im trying to refine my workout to a more stable routine. Will post it 2night.

Lcpl Jasiulek

Im so happy our field ops ended. So i got a chance to condition and workout:

080903 (Wed - Day 13)

Dynamic: 40min

Max Strength:

A1: Pseudo Planche Pushups

A2: Weighted Squats

B1: Towel Pullups

B2: Pistols

C1: Dips

C2: Jump Knee Tucks

Fundamentals: Wall HS - 20 min

Core:

A1: L-Sit

A2: V-Ups

B1: Negative Dragon Flags

B2: Hollow Holds

Static Active: 30min

Lcpl Jasiulek

Catching up on my log:

080906 (Sat - Day 14)

Dynamic: 30min

Circuit:

-Burpees

-Suicide Sprint

-One Arm Dumbell Snatch

-Suicide Sprint

-Jump Knee Tuck

-Suicide Sprint

-V Ups

-----Repeat for 20min, total ass kicker.

Core;

V Ups with Hollow Holds. I wanted to do another set, but had no more core strength left.

Lcpl Jasiulek

If anyone could critque my workouts and regime, would be greatly appreciated. Like what i could add/take out/change, or if its fine so far.

Went back to the field on Monday (also had a bs platoon PT)

080908 (Mon - Day 16)

1 Hour Including:

Running

100 Pullups

Seal Walking

Sprints

Buddy Carries (Fireman Carries)

100 Pushups

100 Situps

...Basically i was tired and demotivated the entire day, but had fun during the raid we did on a mock ship.

Its tuesday today and am taking today off. Still sore from yesterday and tired. 2morrow i get my wisdom teeth pulled, will try to PT.

Lcpl Jasiulek

Catching up on my log

080909 (Tues - Day 17)

6 Mile Run

080911 (Thurs - Day 19)

Dynamic: 30 min

Max Strength:

A1: One Arm Dumbbell Snatch

A2: Weighted Squats

B1: Pseudo Planche Pushups

B2: Pistols

C1: Pullups

C2: Weight Calf Raises

Wall HS Prac: 20min

Core:

A1: Turkish Getups

A2: Weighted V-Ups

A3: L-Sit

A4: Hollow Hold

Lcpl Jasiulek

080913 (Sat)

Dynamic: 30 min

Circuit:

-Burpees

-Suicide Sprint

-Jump Knee Tuck

-Suicide Sprint

-One Arm Dumbell Snatch

-Suicide Sprint

-V Ups

I forgot what core workout i did.

Anyways, im in the field (well so to speak, were sleeping in a barracks with showers and all). So i didnt PT Sunday cuz i thought we were pting on monday, but nope. And im not PTing tonight because WE ARE PTing 2morrow morning (either some bs 6 mile run or good crossfit).

And i will probably be put on remedial PT, due to lacking off in the runs, i hate running.

Lcpl Jasiulek

080916 (Tues)

I didnt PT on monday, but whatever -- 12 hour work days = lots of work and very tiring.

But, heres what i did today:

Morning: 3 mile run, hello dollys, bunch of core exercises.

Evening: 3 mile run, bodybuilders

Basically, my Staff Seargent said i wasnt putting out on morning PT (which i dont, i hate running) so he is making me do remedial pt. Hope he dies in a car crash...

Lcpl Jasiulek

080918 (Weds)

Since i was put on remedial PT for not putting out in Ssgts runs, did:

Morning: 3 mile run, some exercises after

Evening: Suicides (lots), pull ups and crunches.