Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding how to go about prioritizing strength and mobility goals. A bit of background: I've been strength training for some 10 years, then transitioned to body-weight only GB workouts about 2 years ago, and recently started training gymnastics more seriously by taking adult tumbling/gymnastics classes. Only after having taken these real gymnastics lessons did I realized how poor my mobility actually is (especially through my shoulder girdle/hips).
So I am wondering, how do I go about significantly improving mobility while still also gaining strength? It seems like the more strength work I do, the less mobile (flexible) I become. Is it a matter of just hugely upping my mobility work or is it also important to lay off the strength training while re-conditioning my body to become more flexible?
If it is actually possible to achieve both simultaneously, could you suggest a 2-a-day approach (or anything else that may be appropriate) to becoming more mobile AND strong?
Thanks again!
A.J.