Hey guys, I am new to the forum and I love what is beign teach here.
I want to adress you guys about an injury which I wonder if somebody else have had the same injury or know if this is fixable.
I did see 2 doctors already and am still hopping something can be done
What I have is I injured my ring finger middle knuckle when training in capoeira. I was doing one of my sequances of capoeira with a parter. I was stress, and did a mistake I never did before which is doing a cartwheel on my finger tips, In all my years of martial arts and acrobatics I never did that but I was stressed. And I received a head butt in the stomach which is part of the sequence, this caused me too lose balance. Usualy I fall on the side. but now I fell backward. I should have roll but in stead my weight fell in my fingers, in particular the ring finger. and it was stiff and swelled up completly. I still continue to practice for the circle game because I did not want to show the teacher or anyone I gor hurt. When I got back home I putted ice. 3 days after I was given something to keep it protected. But I would take it of from time to time because I work in a very manual job. 2 months later things progressed but I am still swelled up.
The finger folded toward my palm when I injured the finger. Now it is very hard to straighten manually and it is also hard to close it completely, but I did a lot of progress.
2 months after I saw my doctor and she told me it is too late to put it straight( I did not know) she did a scan and she said the scan shows that there could be a small tear in a tendon, and that it could stay like this forever and what I can do is exercise my finger.From then I continue training capoeira after 2month break. I see another doctor who give me a x-ray again(a different doctor) and she could not see clearly in the x-ray and said she dont know what it is. she prescribed me a pill xyprofen something like that. I finished it in 1 month and stopped doing capoeira or manual stuff with my hands. it seems to have goten better but nothing good yet. The doctor made me do another scan again to see any difference in bone structure and stuff. I am waiting for the results this week.
What should I tell her, should I ask her if I can see a physiotherapist or a bone specialist or sport specialist ?
Do you guys know what is the name of what I have and how long can it take to get better. its been 3-4months now.
I can train doing handstands and carthweel but if I push too hard it can hurt and I am also afraid of getting injured again the same way even thought chances or slim. I would like to know how to prevent this kind of injury
how can I protect my self to continue practicing ?
I think I should stop sparring because getting hit on this finger is not good thing.
here is pictures and one video
and by the way this is my left h and and it is also my righting hand and strongest hand
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/56593928.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/97112736.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/84062015.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/86328868.jpg/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=349VZnfb5Rc
sorry if the texts is long I did not know how to make this shorter hope its clear, I fell doing a cartwheel/handstand with my ring finger going toward my palm and slightly diagonally also. Now my finger naturally stay s lightly bent and it hurts to straighten or bend and it is swolen and I put some oils and took pills, I saw 2 different doctors one said its a small tear and the other one did 1 xray and made me do a secound one. I am a poor student and dont have much money but will pay for physio if needed.