This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seumas' Beginner Training Log

Started by jeltzz, June 24, 2011 · 4 Replies · 662 Views

jeltzz

I've found a log so helpful for weight training, that I think it would be a good idea to keep one here for GB stuff. I'll just summarise the weights side of thing (I log that elsewhere)

June 24th

Weights session (Deads, Front Squats, Bent Rows)

Chin-Up/Pull holds:

10 sets x (5sec hang, 5 sec tuck hang)

- variety of positions

L-sit tucks on PB, 10x6sec

Later on did some practice:

forward rolls.

cartwheels.

HS work against wall - I find it really demanding simply to walk up into a stomach-facing HS position and hold it. Will need to be a little more formal about doing this.

In the evening did:

Plank 1x60'

Reverse Plank 1x60'

Arch 1x60'

Hollow 1x38', 1x22'

jeltzz

Picked up some rings today.

At the gym:

6x6s Chins/pull hangs with L-sit tuck

6x6s PB L-sit tucks

(did these alternating with 15s rest).

Worked on FL tuck position on rings, will try and set a benchmark tomorp to a wal row.

I can swing over okay, but find it quite hard to get into and hold a back lever tuck position.

Worked with a training partner and did some cartwheel and handstand practice. Managed to hold a HS position for a few seconds, which was something I haven't been able to do for a long time. Also some stomach-to-wall practice. I have a mental block holding me back from kicking up against a wall, I feel like my head is going to lead the way into the wall or something.

Will get a program sorted out and start a SSC.

jeltzz

Tue 28th June

Had a training partner today. Worked through some mobility drills for a warm up, then forward rolls, backward rolls, parkour rolls, cartwheels, HS work.

Then on to rings: FL tuck, BL tuck.

Have worked out what I need to do at this stage, will start logging sets x time.

I have a lifting comp on this saturday, so resting up for that, and then a week away - will probably take the rings and try and do some bw work while away. Then I will be back into a new regime, incorporating FSEPs.

jeltzz

Okay, so have started a training cycle in earnest. This is what it looks like most days:

Basic drills:

Plank 1x60

Reverse Plank 1x60

Hollow 2x30

Arch 2x30

L-Sit tuck on PB - 10x6s

L-Sit tuck in CU hang positions 9x7s

XR FL full tuck 6x10s

XR BL full tuck 10x6s

XR inverted hold (straight) 6x10s

Rolls

Cartwheels

HS practice (mainly working on balance and stability)

jeltzz

Fri 15th July

A lot of training today. Full weights session in morning, with Squats, Deadlifts, and Bench.

In the afternoon did gymnastics training, including:

Front Rolls, Back Rolls, Cartwheels, HS work, FL tuck holds, BL tuck holds, XR inverted hangs, and some Parkour vault practice. took about 2 hrs, working with a couple of other guys.