Hi,
This is my first time posting here, though I've been reading the forums for a while. I've been working on my handstand for a few months and can comfortably hold it for 30 - 60 seconds without a wall (minutes with a wall-- I've never really timed it though). My main issue currently is getting into it. Even though I can hold it just fine once I do get into it, I can only hop (arms on the ground, then kicking up legs) into it successfully maybe 20% of the time. In addition, when I do hop into it successfully, it is almost always banana shaped at first, and I have to adjust my position to make it look nice. I've been stuck at this stage for something like 2 months now.
All of that said, I'm hoping for some pointers or a new routine I can use to get out of this rut. I haven't done much press work, and was thinking I'd save that until after I can successfully hop into it a large majority of the time. So... any advice anyone can give me? I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has.
Thanks!