CF Mobility Seminar

Started by Freeflyer, June 24, 2011 · 3 Replies · 7,965 Views

Freeflyer

So I was looking around and saw that the CF movement and mobility trainer course will be relatively local in the near future. It is taught by Kelly Starrett, the guy who runs Mobility WOD, for those who don't know. It isn't cheap (no crossfit cert is...) but I could afford it if it would be worth it.

So should I look more seriously into it? It is only a 1 day course, but I feel it could valuable information. Here is the link. Is it worth it?

Ryan Libke

I follow K. Starrett's MWOD blog quite a bit and he is a good presenter. Funny yet knowledgeable. He is a practicing physical therapist, which in California is someone with a degree (here, it is actually an advanced degree). If it is affordable to you, it should probably be a good seminar.

Blairbob

Actually, it is the most budget conscious CrossFit Cert and I think it's $299 and a single day.

It's been on my mind and I missed doing it recently because I thought it was going to be in May and not April. It's also probably the only one I would find any worth in though recently I have been thinking about the Louie Simmon's Powerlifting cert because I'm sure there is a lot that could be learned from that man. Actually on that note, the CrossFitFootball cert may have some worth due to the experience of Welbourne. The CrossFitNutrition cert back in it's day with Robb was probably a good one but it's extinct now as is the CrossFitBarbell cert with Rippetoe. Both have been replaced with something better, however.

I've heard very good things but nothing too definitive about the cert itself from friends who have attended. Too bad it doesn't look like it's going to be in my area till next year. However, I did have all his videos on the CrossFitJournal archived before he created MWOD. There is just too much there to archive though a lot of it repeats itself.

Andrew

Go, go, go!

I watch MWOD daily and have been to his CF Movement and Mobility Cert. It is very informative as coaching athletes go, but also challenges though processes on how to access problems and spot dysfunction before it becomes pain.