Hey,
Over the last month I have been unable to do gymnastics as I have a pain in my right forearm, I left it to heal and after two weeks it seemed fine, however, after a hour of handstands and other work (relatively light workout) it then went back to how it was originally i.e. painful. So I ended up taking three weeks off however recovery appears to be slow. I find that I can easily do a handstand (freestanding) however when I release the pressure on my hands I get a quick jab of pain then its fine. When it was bad it went right up my arm (pinkie side) in other words the side where the Ulna is. I checked out Elbow/Wrist Prehab Routine and will be trying it over the next week. If anyone has any other suggestions as to aid recovery then I would be most grateful - obviously staying off the arm is a must.
Note: I done this when I was on the Parallel bars holding handstands - I think the combination of a handstand and grasping the bars may have caused it, or perhaps a straining injury. I have never had an injury like this and until this point found holding 30s+ freestanding handstands fine. Maybe I should do some wrist strengthening exercises?
Doctors don't appear to be able to do much so that seems to be a dead end.
Cheers.
![]()