This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Plate Pull (Pullovers)? Shoulder Flexiibility

Started by Erich Lin, June 22, 2011 · 5 Replies · 134 Views

Erich Lin

So there was a substitute move for the Front Pull on rings. It was where you lie flat on your back, reach your hands over head (while holding a plate) and then with straight arms pull it to your hips. I have found this to be a great stretch for my shoulders if I were to focus on keeping my lower back flat on the ground (hollow position). Should I be bringing the plate all the way to the hips or can I just stop when my arms are perpendicular to me and the plate is directly over my chest?

Also, can we extend this logic to even doing arms at right angles on the floor with a plate or dumbell on each hand stretching the chest out and then you have to cuban press the plate down?

I feel like these would be great at developing flexibility and strength at the extreme ROM.

Erich

Blairbob

It's a good shoulder mobility exercise. I lay on a bench and do them starting with the plate above my chest.

Gavin Strelitz

I'm doing these and really enjoying them. Currently I go from arms flat against the floor to perpendicular and then back down, making sure to strongly press my lower back into the ground and keeping shoulders flat as well.

Joshua Naterman

I use this as a stretch and it is awesome. Definitely a good tool in the toolbox.

Coach Sommer

This is an excellent movement. I prefer to have the plate lowered all the way to the hips to combine front delt work into the element as well.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Erich Lin

thanks coach!