This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110620

Started by Coach Sommer, June 20, 2011 · 7 Replies · 1,943 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Tempo PB Bulgarian Dips

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Half Reverse MU

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo Russian HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier Curl/Dip variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 213 for the basic strength sets.

5) This is a maximal bent arm strength day, do not be timid in increasing the intensity; add weight as needed to make the exercises very challenging for the rx’d repetitions.

6) However also feel free to scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family if necessary.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

AtT

how many reps for the warmup sets?

thx

Josh Schmitter
slizzardman said:
The warm up sets don't need to be big and should be pretty easy, so 10-60s should be plenty. I usually just do my warm ups circuit style and don't take hardly any rest. For me that works well. I end up doing 2-3 easier circuits of 3-5 reps of progressively harder stuff, like slow push ups-slow dips-slow rows-fast push ups-fast dips-moderately fast rows, pull ups, ppp. That would be my general upper body warm up for basic strength days, for example. Of course it will be geared towards what we are doing, but that's the basic idea.
LIE

Wow.....

Half reverse mu......is there any substitute for this one?

Can I do pelican instead? Or any other option?

For the Russian hll is there any video?

I look upon my btgb but couldn't find this movement,

Thank u

Rikke Olsen
Cufonggbu said:
Wow.....

Half reverse mu......is there any substitute for this one?

Can I do pelican instead? Or any other option?

For the Russian hll is there any video?

I look upon my btgb but couldn't find this movement,

Thank u

If you're capable of doing the pelican, sure, I think I should work. I'm thinking of having something to wrap around my feet, so that I can pull with my legs as well, if that makes any sense... Inverted chinups should be fine too.

Here's the Russian HLL:

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine

FSP pre-req warmup

WOD:

Warmup sets:1x3 chair dips feet assist, 1x3 chins, 1x3 chair dips, 1x3 pull ups.

3 sets each:

15s Lsit tuck/5 tempo dips(3 full, 2 foot assist on ascent only)

15s German hang(8s free, 7s foot assist)/5 tempo chins(4 pallet band assist)

15s Pull up hang, shoulders back and retracted(still not sure if this is a good pre-req for tuck FL), 5 tempo HLL(grip was giving out here)

10 bridge wall walks(only few steps down)

Lower Leg Prehab

Where is everyone for the WOD's...is a seminar going on now?

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

3 sets each

tuck PL to L sit (15 sec) + 5 tempo bulgarian PB dips

MU-->backward roll-->BL (15 sec) [adv tuck BL on sets 2 and 3] + 5 tempo adv tuck reverse yewkis

MU-->forward roll to hang-->pull to adv tuck FL (15 sec) +5 tempo HLL (hanging tuck initiating the leg lift then straighten legs 3/4 way up to top, slow straight leg negative all the way down)

10 bridge wall walks

LIE

Warm up

Wrist n shoulder routine

Some push up and pull up

Wod 3 set

L sit 15s, xr Bulgarian dip tempo

Stradle bl 15s, inverted chin up

Adv tuck fl 15s, Russian hll

10 bridge wall walk

Thanks to Bissen 4 the advice.

For Russian hll I'm hanging on my ring then having someone hold onto my rear shoulder,so that the effect like having the shoulder on stall bar