For people with elbow pain

Started by Dilraj Dhillon, June 17, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,141 Views

Dilraj Dhillon

I have gotten rid of my elbow pain by balancing out my strength. My pushing strength was quite good (from my point of view lol) I could do 3 sets of 5 reps for dips and was progressing nicely through pushup variations, however i could not do one pull up. I stopped doing pushing exercises and focused on increasing my pulling strength and my elbow pain reduced more and more as my pulling strength increased. I will continue with pushing exercises when my pulling strength is up to par.

I DO NOT claim to know anything about how the muscles and tendons work in the body but this just worked for me.

Finally the same thing happened with my back. I was starting to get a little bit of lower back pain when I started to get into the harder abdominal exercises. As soon as I started doing exercises specifically for the lower back my pain went away.

In summary if your strength is unbalanced that may be the cause of your pain.

P.S. I downloaded a cool app for my iphone called Navy Seal Fitness and I would recommend it, I think it is like a couple dollars.

admonisher

thanks for the post man, I do feel pain in one elbow and not the other. And I also have a pain in one knee. Still havent been able to fix it but I try many things like the massage and reinforcing the muscles, My guess is that my harmstrnigs are weak, same thing for the inner thigh.