Post Cardio Nutrition?

Started by chingyvang, June 16, 2011 · 8 Replies · 4,511 Views

chingyvang

I'm doing HIIT Training for belly fat loss and was wondering what I'm supposed to eat after and how soon for maximum belly fat loss? They said carbs and protein but wouldn't my body just burn the carbs instead of burning my stored fat? I've been eating a chicken breast with white rice after intense cardio and I don't seem to be burning much fat

Razz

Drop the carbs for a while, go with a protein+20g glutamine shake.

Freeflyer
Razz said:
Drop the carbs for a while, go with a protein+20g glutamine shake.

You are suggesting 20g of protein with glutamine, right? Not 20g of glutamine, I hope.

Razz

40g of whey with an additional 20g of glutamine :D Whats the worry?

chingyvang
Razz said:
Drop the carbs for a while, go with a protein+20g glutamine shake.

Thanks but I don't supplement or use whey. So is chicken and white rice good? Not to much rice/ carbs?

Razz

Chicken is good but drop the carbs basically. Eat vegetables instead of rice.

chingyvang
Jeff @ CFST said:
Razz is spot on. Since you are fat you may consider glycine as well.

Lol I'm not fat at all but just wanna trim that last ounce of fat from my belly. Ok chicken and veggies sound good

Alvaro
Jeff @ CFST said:
Razz is spot on. Since you are fat you may consider glycine as well.

BUDS sensitivity maybe? :D

Freeflyer

Chicken is a rather meh protein source. Even if you can get it pastured, it is still exceptionally high in n6 for a meat, especially if you eat the dark meat or the skins. And if it is "factory" chicken, blech... If for some reason you wont eat red meat, consider fish or pork.

Veggies are definitely the best source of carbs, but white rice is pretty much benign if you need extra glucose/starches, and enjoy it.