This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110614

Started by Coach Sommer, June 14, 2011 · 11 Replies · 2,195 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Perform:

1x10 Cast Wall Walks

1x5 Pike Box Press HS

1x10 Straddle Box Press HS

12 cycles of XR Strap HS

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Rest 1-2 minutes between Press HS sets.

2) If Cast Wall Walks are insufficiently challenging, you may perform PL Wall Walks instead. The key difference between these two variations is that the hands will remain behind the shoulders at all times during the descent and ascent of the PL Walks, whereas in the Cast Wall Walks the hands are directly under the shoulders.

3) Remember to adjust the height as necessary during the Box Press HS variations to ensure that the presses are sufficiently challenging.

4) If you cannot press to HS, then press to HeS.

5) If you are strong enough, replace the Box Press HS variations with Press HS from an L-sit on parallets or PBs.

6) If you exceptionally strong, perform the Press HS variations on the XR.

7) Rest 3-5 minutes after completing all of the Press HS work and then begin the XR Strap HS.

breakbeat

Coach, I've been trolling here for a while now and was a bit confused on the Ring HS Cycles, so I found the explanation in a previous post and for anyone else who needs a bit more explanation on how they're supposed to be done, here we go...

8 ) Each XR Strap HS cycle consists of 30 work followed by 45 seconds of rest. Go directly from one cycle to the next with no additional rest.

9) DO NOT come down during the 30 seconds of HS. If you do come down, that cycle does not count towards your total of 12 cycles.

10) To perform XR Strap HS drop your Xtreme Rings down to 6â€-8†from the ground. Now kick up into a handstand widely straddling your legs so that they wrap around the straps. Straighten and lock your arms as much as possible and begin timing your HS.

11) The XR Strap HS can be made much more physically demanding by placing your feet along the inside of the straps rather than wrapping your legs around the straps. The intensity can be further increased by ensuring that your elbows are completely locked and straight.

12) If XR Strap HSs are currently too demanding, perform Wall HS instead; although every effort should be made to complete the workout with XR Strap HS.

Josh Schmitter

Wrist Routine(minus wrist Push ups)

Ido's Scap/Shoulder series

FSP pre reqs/lower leg prehab

WOD

3x3 cast wall walks(3,3,2+1) 2min. rest in between. Might try more rest/sets of 2 next time as this was very hard.

1x5 pike press HeS

1x10 straddle press HeS(7,3)

6 sets wall handstands(30s/1m)

2x10 wrist push ups on knees.

Hopefully I'll soon figure out the ideal cast wall walk set/reps that's best for my progress...

LIE

Hello guys, this is my 1st time posting here,although I've been following coach wod for 4 months. Coach, for the xr hs strap,it is said that during rest u should not go down,does it mean that I should stay in basic support hold position? Thank u

Coach Sommer

You come down during rest intervals, you do not come down during HS intervals.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Stephen Casey

This question may be obvious, but if one's head is on the ground, how then is a box press to Headstand performed? I am having a difficult time visualizing/performing it.

Stephen and son

Kenneth Manning

Stephen, I'm pretty sure that if you can't perform a box press HS and instead are doing box press HeS, I believe it is exactly like performing a HeS RLL. Just get into a headstand in a piked-position with your feet on the floor and lift your legs until you're in a full headstand. If you can't perform these with feet touching the floor, simply set up a box at a height in which you can lift your legs.

As an aside, I've been progressing towards my WALL press HS proficiency by elevating my head position over time. I started with a 2x4 board under my head (feet always touching floor) and am now using a milk crate (about a 12-14" height) with feet still touching the floor (much greater range of motion on these!) and improving little by little over time. With my head on the milk crate, my hands are positioned about 15" from the wall and arms are straight (though with obvious closed shoulders, quite an angle here). Progress has been pretty good and as I keep adding height to the head rest, very soon I'll be at the point where I will no longer need it and will have moved on to wall press HS's and then, hopefully, to a standard press HS from the standing position.

Stephen Casey

Thanks for the confirmation. I figured there was no press, but with the word still in the name of the movement I had to be sure.

Stephen and son

Eddie Stelling

WU:

Ido's shoulder routines

Lots of internal and external rotations in various positions - 5 lbs

3x10 locked arm dip shrugs

2x10 scapula pushups (regular hands and close)

FSP's:

6x10s tuck PL

6x10s adv. tuck FL

3x25s floor L-sit

6x10s one hand center straddle l (alternate hands every set)

WOD:

1x10 PL wall walks (3,3, 2,2)

1x5 Pike box press HS (1,2,1,1) 43" box

1x10 straddle box press HS (2, 2, 1, 2, 2) 24" box

12 cycles of XR strap HS

2x10 wrist pushups - on knees

3x5 body levers

LIE

This is my 2nd time doing this workout (hs strap cycle)

I did very well with the 1st 4set of hs strap, but the 5th until 12nd I hardly follow the work rest ratio 30 45

Sometime I did 15s work and rest 60s.

Coach my question is...should I stop at the 4th set....or should I keep going until the last set,because not only my work rest not following ur recommendation,but also my I hardly keep my arm locked during hs strap.

Thank u 4 ur advice.

Cole Dano

I started by doing the HS on the floor with a wall. I built up to doing 12 sets for a minute with the given rest, then went on to the rings. Even then it was tough at first.

In all the WODs the first goal is the Rx'd sets reps and durations. From there up the difficulty.

LIE

Oh I c

Thanks for your advice mr Brady