Possible july handbalancing workshop in Berlin

Started by Mikael Kristiansen, June 12, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,422 Views

Mikael Kristiansen

Me and Gymgreg from this forum are currently looking for a way of organizing a handbalancing workshop in Berlin in july. I am a circus artist, currently in the 3rd year of the University of dance and circus in stockholm, specializing in handbalancing.

First of all, we are trying to figure out if there exists some interest in such a workshop. As said, nothing is sure yet, but post a comment if any of you here on the forum would be interested in attending such a workshop.

It will probably be 2 days of training in a weekend sometime between the 10th of july and the beginning of august. Price, location, etc. is still uncertain, but it will not be extremely expensive.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Mikael

Philip Chubb

It would probably be a total long shot for me but I would be interested in your seminar Mikael.

Cole Dano

Good luck getting this to happen men.

To anyone interested in handbalancing, i highly recommend this!

I may be able to help you find a venue as i have some friends there with a yoga studio you may be able to rent.

gymgreg

So looking forward to this. Let's get enough people together and meetup in Berlin.

This is going to be an awesome weekend.

palmcron

Depending on the date, I'd participate. I already have some fixed dates on some of the weekends in July.

I'm looking forward to the workshop!

Are you planning to advertise the seminar also outside this forum? I believe there is a scene of circus-interested people in Berlin, that might also be interested in such a seminar.

palmcron

So? Any news?

Only three interested members here?

I'd love to see it happen, but I could also understand, if that's not enough interested people for Mikael to take the effort.

July is coming, and I think it would be good to have the date set.

I'm also wondering why only three members? Is it the place? The date? The lack of interest in handbalancing?

Cole Dano

When we did the workshop here this time i don't think there were any regular form participants, some lurkers. Most of the people who came were a direct result of our promoting the event, and contacts we have from being an established center.

I'm sure there are folks who are interested, its a matter of getting the word out. This is also a reason i was throwing out the idea of doing it in a yoga studio as the studio's students could very well be half of the attendance.

Svend

I would love to go but my schedule is completely packed in July and August, unfortunately :|