Hello, everyone. Since Monday, I have practicing the l-sit. My hip flexors are too weak so I've been doing tucked sits to build up strength. Yesterday, I felt some soreness in my hips but I thought nothing of it. Today, it's very intense. It's only sore in the tensor fasciae latae and the Iliacus but it's on both sides.
I'm 6"2 118 lbs (Yes, I know, go ahead and :shock: ). When I bought GtGB and started exercising two months ago, I learned the SLS's in about a week and a half (I think it came easy because of my low weight). I can do them with perfect form and I never developed any hip flexor soreness so the flexibility must be there. I just don't understand where the soreness is coming from all of the sudden. Could it be because my hip flexors have to support more weight during an l-sit as opposed to an SLS?
This soreness is extremely irritating. I'm going to skip my workout today because it's even a pain just to walk around. Does anyone have any static/dynamic stretches or tips to ease the soreness. IMO, this is perhaps the worst muscle group to develop soreness in. I can't even walk around without groaning and looking like I have something stuck up my 8)
On a side note, though I try to focus more on just learning the exercises and having fun, I'm always conscious about my weight. So I gotta ask, will any of static exercises actually help me put on mass? What type of muscles are used during static exercises because from my perspective they seem like endurance exercises - aka exercises that will not help me put on significant muscle.
Thanks.
EDIT: could I actually be feeling soreness in my tendons? Perhaps my muscles are accustomed to such exercise but my tendons aren't?