This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110610

Started by Coach Sommer, June 10, 2011 · 5 Replies · 2,183 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

3 XR HSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

7 Triple Clap Pushups

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 L-sit press to Tuck PL on parallets in between each of the assigned FBEs. If you do not have parallets, possible substitutions include kettlebells, dumbbells or pushup bars.

2) To perform the L-sit press to Tuck PL begin with a 3 sec L-sit and then with straight arms press up into a 3 sec Tuck PL, lower down back to the L-sit position to complete the repetition.

3) Be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition of HSPU.

4) XR Dips to L-sit are done by performing a regular XR Dip with the legs hanging down and then simply adding an L-sit at the top of each dip. Be sure to lock and extend the elbows properly during the XR L-sit portion of the dips.

5) Triple Clap Pushups are performed by exploding up off of the ground and clapping once in front of the chest, then once behind the back and finally once more in front of the chest. ALL CLAPS SHOULD BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO LANDING.

6) If you are unable to complete a Triple Clap Pushup, adjust your repetitions upwards as follows: 12 repetitions for Double Clap Pushups (one clap forward & one clap behind; your choice of order) or 15 repetitions for Single Clap Pushups. These adjusted repetitions are to be completed per round.

7) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds

8 ) Scale these movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Falcon

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

6 Negative HSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

15 Clap pushups

Scaled down, doing it in 50 minutes.

Might as well add some pulling/neg. OAC work, I think this won't be enough for me :lol: Let's see :twisted:

Tarun Suri
Falcon said:
2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

6 Negative HSPU

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

5 XR Dips to L-sit

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL

15 Clap pushups

Scaled down, doing it in 50 minutes.

Might as well add some pulling/neg. OAC work, I think this won't be enough for me :lol: Let's see :twisted:

I can't wait until I see the post-result. Last time the L-sit to Tuck PL workout was here, I died after the first round. I couldn't complete all 4, probably won't today either.

I am sooooooo going to procrastinate on this one. Last nights bing drinking for friedn's bday/beerfest/grand prix weekend definitely won't help :!:

Falcon

Done.

This wasn't my best time :D

Did all 4 sets, altough after the first one I thought I was going to die, pulled muscle in the lower back from layouted backflip which I did yesterday wasn't helping either. In the last set I had problems w. press to tuck PL, esspecialy because of that lower back "injury". I wasn't definately capable of doing something more than dealing with the oxygen debt and fatigue after this. :lol: Decent enough.

Kenneth Manning

4 rounds:

L sit to tuck PL x 2,2,2,2*

box HSPU x 3,3,3,3**

L sit to tuck PL x 2,2,2,2

XR dip to L sit x 5,5,5,5***

L sit to tuck PL x 2,2,2,2

single clap pushups x 15,15,15,11+4

2x10 wrist pushups

*L sit to tuck planche felt better this time around. I still can't quite achieve a solid hips-high hold in the tuck PL, but getting closer. My L sit felt surprisingly strong today.

**started out doing partial HeSPU (head to 4" block), but decided after the first round to switch to box HSPU using my parallettes. Wanted to work the entire ROM instead of just about 50% of of it.

***by my last 2 rounds, my XR dip to L sit was more like XR dip to leg-lift. Wasn't much of a hold at the top of the L sit, though I was very conciencious of turning out the rings and locking out my elbows during each rep -- that coupled with the L sit was really tough near the end of the workout!

Josh Schmitter

Guess I forgot to post this one...or I might have replied to some other random post...oh well.

Wrist routine(minus wrist push ups and fingertip push ups)

FSP pre-req.

WOD :2 rounds(hopefully going to add a round next time and another the following)

2 L-sit press to Tuck PL(pushing as far into tuck as possible...which is not very)

3 pike push ups

""

5 chair dips

""

15 clapping push ups on 4th step.

2x10 wrist pushups on knees.