Inv. cross to Inv. Hang muscle balance?

Started by Newguy, June 10, 2011 · 4 Replies · 4,303 Views

Newguy

I am wanting to add an incredibly low amount (reps) of Inv. Cross to Inv. Hang weight simulations. I.e two weights above my head while standing. Slowly lower to arms by my side with locked arms. This is how I got my SLS's and I know I won't even have the Inv. Cross anytime soon, but I would like the possible crossover effect of the exercise. My plan is to do 5 reps 6 out of seven days, starting with really low amounts of weight. (5 lbs) But my problem is I don't want to cause a muscle imbalance by doing this almost every day for the next two or so years. So what would be an "inverse" exercise that I could do that would counteract the possible muscle imbalance?

And I am thinking about doing basically the same thing for inv. MU, could you help me out with the "inverse" exercise for this to?

Anyways I think that this might be a really nice way to get some good carryover effects, and eventually help me get the skill. And with such low reps, and me taking it as slow as possible I can't see me hurting myself :)

Razz

You may need to do more posterior delt work. The good thing about inv cross is that it hits the external rotators.

Newguy

What would be a good exercise/skill that would hit the posterior deltoids hard? (Sorry, I am not as knowledgeable about the technical aspect of alot of skills as I would like to be!)

Razz

More manna work is a good choice :D

Newguy

Well, I guess this will have to be my excuse for more manna work! :) Shall be fun