This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110609

Started by Coach Sommer, June 9, 2011 · 5 Replies · 1,893 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets of each:

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo Yewkis

1 Embedded L-sit + 5 Chest Roll to PL

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Single Leg HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier MPPu/MPPr variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 214 for the basic strength sets. As such, for the Yewkis the breakdown of the tempo will be a 2 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a controlled 4 second descent.

6) Add weight as necessary to the any of the exercises to make them very challenging for the five repetitions.

7) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

8 ) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Kenneth Manning

Anyone have any tips for accomplishing the chest roll to HeS? Anything that's not in the book? I'm still sort of flopping around without much of an idea of what I should really be focusing on..

Johann Wimmer
killroy70 said:
Anyone have any tips for accomplishing the chest roll to HeS? Anything that's not in the book? I'm still sort of flopping around without much of an idea of what I should really be focusing on..

I have the same problem - i have no idea how I'm supposed to do it :shock:

Josh Schmitter
killroy70 said:
Anyone have any tips for accomplishing the chest roll to HeS? Anything that's not in the book? I'm still sort of flopping around without much of an idea of what I should really be focusing on..

Maybe gatherings(Ido) for the HSPU part...but this one is to PL, HA...and then maybe extreme arch hold rocks trying to get higher over time?

Wrist Routine

FSP prereq warm-up

WOD: 3 sets each

15s German Hang foot assist/5 Tempo Chins with 3 pallet bands(this was max effort last end of last 2 sets)

15s L-sit 90 bend/5 tempo push ups(last rep of last 2 sets: 4+1)

15s Chin up grip shoulders down+retracted/5 tempo leg lifts 90deg. bend(Was having a lot of trouble on these with the tempo as my grip/forearms were giving out long before anything else)

Lower leg prehab

Going to do the wall walks later as my back needs a little break.

Coach Sommer

If the chest roll to PL is too difficult, I recommend beginning the roll with the body lying on a raised surface of 4-6" in height. This elevation of the torso while the hands remain on the ground will reduce the necessary ROM of this strength element

Possible choices for the raised surface include a panel mat or those aerobic step platforms used in aerobic classes.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Kenneth Manning

Thanks for the info coach, I'm going to add these to my list of movements to practice on my off days.

Todays WOD was a tough one today..

MU to BL half lay BL + 5 tempo adv tuck yewkis

MU to XR L sit low + tuck L press shoulder stands x 5

MU to adv tuck FL + 5 tempo HLL

10 bridge wall walks