This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110606

Started by Coach Sommer, June 6, 2011 · 3 Replies · 1,664 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

40’ Senders

12 Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats

8 Box Jumps

4 Depth Jumps

Finish the workout with 2x30 seconds Weighted Pike Stretch

notes:

1) Move immediately from the Senders to the Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats, rest 30 sec and the move on to the Box Jumps, rest 30 sec and then finish with the Depth Jumps.

2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

3) The Jumping Single Leg Deck Squats should be performed as a single unbroken set of 12 repetitions; alternating legs on each jump. Remember to jump as high as possible for each repetition.

4) The Box Jumps should be performed from a stand up onto as high a box as possible for all 8 repetitions. An excellent athlete will perform these onto a box that is at least chest high. Add weight with a dumbbell or weight vest if possible. There may be a slight pause in between each of the box jump repetitions.

5) Depth Jumps - jump off an object 3’-10’ high, bending the knees but not allowing the feet to move or step upon landing. If in doubt go lower rather than higher and remember to BEND the knees upon landing!

6) Do Not skip the Seated Toe Point Stretch.

Josh Schmitter

After some sleep issues(possibly a bit of overtraining), I'm back on the WOD train.

Wrist Routine

WOD:2 rounds

40 senders jumps around driveway(setting up a course soon)

12 Jumping deck squats

8 Box Jumps(stacker cinder blocks about waist high)

4 Depth Jumps(off car...moving to deck soon)

Pike/Ankle stretching/lacrosse ball work

Ido Scap/Shoulder Routine

Lower leg prehab.

Easin' back in.

sapperjr06

To coach or anyone on this site,

I am just starting out and only have a pieces of equipment for my home gym; so I was wondering if you could help me by advising me on somethings that I could use to help me do "senders and depth jumps".

Rikke Olsen
sapperjr06 said:
To coach or anyone on this site,

I am just starting out and only have a pieces of equipment for my home gym; so I was wondering if you could help me by advising me on somethings that I could use to help me do "senders and depth jumps".

If you have floor/ground space, just jump; vary height and distance. You don't need the plyo floor. If you do it on concrete though, be careful of your legs! It's pretty hard on the joints. I do my senders on grass.

If you don't have much space, I'd do things like tuck jumps.

For depth jumps, just jumps from something of fitting height. I jump from a pile of cement bags and land on either grass or a mat similar to those used for yoga/pilates. (Actually, it's one of those puzzle-mats in sick colors for toddlers, haha)