I have recently been thinking about this movement as I have never seen it done. A butterfly pull in itself is extreme enough, but have an inverted one been done? What I mean is not the one that Balandin does, but pulling out from an inverted hang into an inverted cross. Seeing how insanely much harder an inverted muscle up is than a normal one(though the comparison probably doesnt hold up totally because the movement is completely different) I could presume pulling into an inverted cross from an inverted hang without any kip should be extremely hard.
inverted butterfly pull
Started by Mikael Kristiansen, June 3, 2011 · 4 Replies · 3,798 Views
Wide Inverted MU would be the prerequisite I think, then negatives inverted cross -> inverted hang.
EDIT: Although, I've never seen a wide inverted MU, so I don't think this one is possible, YET.
I have never seen this done either, and I keep wondering if its possible?!
Noone has done it yet. Jovtchevs skill is one of the closests I believe: lower from inverted cross to inv. hang and bounce back up to maltese.
I know that this topic hasn't exactly been active lately, but I just want to add that I have been working inverted hang pull to inverted cross heavily assisted with my iron cross trainers. While I never expert to achieve the enormous strength that would be required for such a move, I have made some steady progress with it, which I expect to stagnate quickly. Either way, I'll keep working them heavily assisted for the potentially large strength gains this move might grant.