Organic vs. Conventional

Started by Josh Schmitter, May 31, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,154 Views

Josh Schmitter

http://whatdoesthesciencesay.wordpress. ... utritious/

Just thought I'd get a potential ball rolling on this as I found it somewhat interesting. According to this, there's not much difference in vitamin/mineral content, soil sustainability and pesticide aside. I mean, I would love to buy organic all the time just due to the sustainability factor...i.e. most plants take 10+ minerals out of the ground, and conventional farming puts back in much less from what I understand. But when you go to whole foods and organic red peppers are 5.99 a pound and asparagus is 6.99 a bunch, know that you're probably not paying for more nutrients.

Larry Roseman
TANSTAAFL said:
http://whatdoesthesciencesay.wordpress.com/2010/09/04/is-organic-food-more-nutritious/

Just thought I get a potential ball rolling on this as I found it somewhat interesting. According to this, there's not much difference in vitamin/mineral content, soil sustainability and pesticide aside. I mean, I would love to buy organic all the time just due to the sustainability factor...i.e. most plants take 10+ minerals out of the ground, and conventional farming puts back in much less from what I understand. But when you go to whole foods and organic red peppers are 5.99 a pound and asparagus is 6.99 a bunch, know that you're probably not paying for more nutrients.

I would agree with the article on point #3, 7, 27, 40 and 99 but disagree adamently on 18, 24 and 72.

Hike!!

Well, it's not a big surprise to me. Hell, I thought all food was organic anyway :)