I want your oppinion on my back lever
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/339/lolzb.jpg/ . Also I can hold it around 5-6 secounds and I start to feel a pain in the sternum when I lift my head too high .Any tips will be appreciated ![]()
criticize my back lever
Started by Jhaek, May 31, 2011 · 16 Replies · 4,036 Views
If you have sternum pain it's because you're pushing too hard. Take a step back and work on flat tuck/straddle to let your body catch up. Be mindful that you don't arch but stay hollow. Other than that it looks fine
mrnielsjoergensen said:If you have sternum pain it's because you're pushing too hard. Take a step back and work on flat tuck/straddle to let your body catch up. Be mindful that you don't arch but stay hollow. Other than that it looks fine
Can I go back to half lay?
You can go back to wherever you do not feel the pain but working reasonably hard. I do not like the half lay positions, it feels just unnatural to me, but as long as you feel comfortable in that position and you do not feel the pain it is good to go.
I would advise the straddle position and you can close your legs slowly, thats how I got my back lever.
norbeex3 said:You can go back to wherever you do not feel the pain but working reasonably hard. I do not like the half lay positions, it feels just unnatural to me, but as long as you feel comfortable in that position and you do not feel the pain it is good to go.I would advise the straddle position and you can close your legs slowly, thats how I got my back lever.
My straddle flexibility is very bad and I arch when I try to do it like that... I feel comfortable with the half lay .I do 10 sets of 6 sec and should I train it every day?
You can train it as often as you want. Just as long as you don't become too fatigued to do the WOD or whatever else you might do.
Also can you tell me what exactly is hollow body and how to avoid it
hollow bodyposition:
http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=http ... 40&bih=853
You should strive to be hollow. Avoid arching which is when your body sinks and you get a bananashape. makes sense?
mrnielsjoergensen said:hollow bodyposition:http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=http ... 40&bih=853
You should strive to be hollow. Avoid arching which is when your body sinks and you get a bananashape. makes sense?
I see... thanks for the info ![]()
if you lift your head up excessively in a BL, it will open up your chest more hence the discomfort you are feeling there.
Keep head neutral, body straight.
So in conclusion I'm arching my lower back right?
Yes. Its still a great effort, an awful lot of back levers you see are arched. So now that you've got where you are, the next step is to work on the hollow position.
Mr Brady said:Yes. Its still a great effort, an awful lot of back levers you see are arched. So now that you've got where you are, the next step is to work on the hollow position.
thanks for the answer
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/0088m.jpg/
Thats where Im at now alittle better IMO.Please tell me what Im doing wrong and how to stop arching.
anyone want to share his thoughts?
Its looking good to me.
I'd start looking at some ring videos on YouTube, you find some nice ones posted on the forum. This will give you some cues for your body line. You clearly have a good deal of strength, and i'm impressed how quickly you are able to make changes to your body line.
Mr Brady said:Its looking good to me.I'd start looking at some ring videos on YouTube, you find some nice ones posted on the forum. This will give you some cues for your body line. You clearly have a good deal of strength, and i'm impressed how quickly you are able to make changes to your body line.
Well I had bad time with sternum pain .I fixed the sternum pain when my grandfather made me a pair of rings (2-3 weeks ago)and I started doing dips and holding support like in the GB book and the next time I attempted it I tried to bring my legs down abit and I just got this without any pain in the chest.