This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110531

Started by Coach Sommer, May 31, 2011 · 8 Replies · 2,292 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete four rounds:

2 – Front Pulls

5 – FL Rows

2 – Front Pulls

3 – FL Pulls

2 – Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, you will be performing 2 Front Pulls in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) Adjust the body position as necessary during the Front Pulls. It is not necessary to use the same body position for both the ascent and descent.

3) The FL Pulls should be performed with a slow deliberate motion.

4) If you do not have a rope, substitute 10-15 Towel Pull-ups for the Cirque.

5) Do not rest more than 30 seconds in between exercises. If you are resting more than this or are unable to achieve the RX'd repetitions, you need to scale down the workout to accomodate your current strength levels.

6) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

kcjb

Is there a difference between Front Pulls and FL Pulls, or should '3 - FL Pulls' read '3 - FL Rows'?

I assume a Front Pull is just a 'pull up' from FL - do I have that right?

Uzeeh

Front pull is pulling from hang to inverted in a front lever position, while having the arms straight. A front lever pull is top of a pull up to front lever and back.

I'm still taking a rest period, mainly focusing on light equilibre training and some GTG. I tried one round of this today, though, and cirque felt so much better than before! It was much lighter than before, definitely. I'll start doing teh WODs again next week, though I'll probably do the se rest periods a bit more often, seeing the positive results :)

Danny
kcjb said:
Is there a difference between Front Pulls and FL Pulls, or should '3 - FL Pulls' read '3 - FL Rows'?

I assume a Front Pull is just a 'pull up' from FL - do I have that right?

Check out this video from Slizzardman:

:)
kcjb

Perfect, thanks gents.

Banzas

Wow, great wod as always! Thought the front pulls and front rows would be easier (never tried them before)... I had to do them with advanced tuck to keep a good form and good tempo!

Never thought that towell pull ups would be so hard too, I couldn't do 10x with full rom...

I'm really enjoying this wods! :)

Thank you Coach! :)

Mark Wyly

This was a great wod. Couldn't post til now, did as prscribed yesterday, but my lats are def feeling this one tonight :)

Eddie Stelling

WU:

-Modified Ido's shoulder routine due to shoulder pain, only did things in the pain free range.

-5 min of HS

-2-3 straddle press to HS

FSPs:

6x10s tuck PL

6x10s adv. tuck FL

3x25s L-sit (floor)

WOD:

4 rounds:

2 – Adv. Tuck Front Pulls (tried half lay but couldn't last for more than 2 sets, also used alot of momentum)

5 – Tuck FL Rows

2 – Adv. Tuck Front Pulls

3 – Straddle FL Pulls (for 2 rounds, then went to adv. tuck)

2 – Adv. Tuck Front Pulls

1 – 15’ Cirque (1-2 rounds looked damn good! Last 2 rounds let the feet pretty much dangle on the way up, and straddle L down)

Awesome WOD! Lats and rear delts are sore as crap! Thanks coach! And sorry for posting a couple of days behind, I didn't workout Monday so I am a day behind this week.

Svend

Yesterday I did this WOD as my dynamic pull workout. Not very dynamic but I do enjoy the volume and the long sets! This is round one:

8lBeMA4ungE

Felt strong but very hard! On round 3 and 4 I had to scale the front pulls down from straddle to adv. tuck. As a substitute for the cirque I did 10 rope chins.