My Current Abilities

Started by Arbitrage, May 31, 2011 · 7 Replies · 2,457 Views

Arbitrage

Hey guys,

The following video is a brief summary of my current gymnastic abilities: http://tiny.cc/GBSampler2011

Obviously I mainly focus on rings, though enjoy all apparatus'.

Can you guys take a look and tell me if you think I am lacking anything in particular or there is something obvious that I should be working on.etc? Feel free to even suggest skills you think I should be working on (to further progress)

For example I'm now really working hard on striaght elbows in ALL rings elements, I believe since I have only started focusing on straight elbows recently, my triceps are not in proportion with the rest of my body so i'm working on making them stronger. Any comments or feedback is much appreciated, cheers!

Niels Joergensen

Nice to see you! Have watched your vids on youtube a many times before:p

But yes as you say straighten your arms in the strength elements especially in the cross and straddle planche!

You have a niec handstand but you can further improve your bodyline. In this vid it appears a little arched. That might be because of lack of bodytension/shoulderflexibility I dunno..

Timy7

when I really started playing with straight arm stuff my biceps grew haha

if you want to work your triceps start playing with manna split holds of super high just do an l sit keep arms locked and leeeeaaannn back shoot for a total of sixty seconds of work and you will definitely feel your triceps the next day

Gavin Strelitz

Do you live in Sydney or were you on holiday? I train in that park at Bondi most of the time.

Alvaro

Looking great! :D

Arbitrage

Hey guys, thanks for all the tips!

I like the sound of that manna hold for 60 secs, though i'm not sure if I could hold it that long!

Yeah Gavin S, I live in Sydney! That bondi park is awesome, I wish it were a little bigger like Santa Monica.

AlexX

Very nice montage, it looks like you made awesome progress. Congrats.

Newguy

My main advice would be that you have tons of small form mistakes. Such as bent and separating legs, moves where (Especially in your tumbling) where you do not have full body tension. Etc.. you probably know what your form mistakes are, I would just spend awhile working on fixing this before you start training new skills.