L-Sit question

Started by Dilraj Dhillon, May 30, 2011 · 3 Replies · 2,372 Views

Dilraj Dhillon

If you progress through an L-Sit while hanging from a pull up bar as oppose to supporting yourself on parallel bars, will there be any difference in strength gains ex). Will performing an L-Sit on parallel bars be more beneficial strength wise or is there no difference.

Thank You

Finally I would just like to thank every body on this board for great information related to body weight training.

Newguy

It really works two different muscle sets, however the L-sit is generally harder then the L-hang. And I am pretty sure you will get more Ab strength gains from the L-sit. But I would recommend practicing them together for maximal gains.

Dilraj Dhillon

Thank you for the reply. I can only practice the L-Hang at the moment because pushing/push support exercises are annoying my elbow at the moment for anyone curious.

Newguy

You'll do fine just practicing the L-hang right now, even if it is not the most effective method it will definitely help you get where you want to go. I learned the L-hang before I learned the L-sit. So you should do fine until your elbow gets better.