This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110530

Started by Coach Sommer, May 30, 2011 · 6 Replies · 1,870 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded PL + 5 Tempo MU

1 Embedded BL + 5 Tempo HeS RLL

1 Embedded FL + 5 Tempo L-sit Lifts

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

4) Use a tempo of 412 for the FBE. This equates to a 4 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 2 second descent.

5) You may scale the workout by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary.

6) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

Newguy

Ooh Boy! This looks like a fun WOD! :) And I get to do it today!!! :twisted:

Banzas

Wow, with this wod I just found out how weak I am.

I was already working on straddle planche, full front and back levers and I found out that I almost die when trying to do 15s of advanced tuck in every movement. Well, I can hold a little bit on back lever and can hold a full back lever for +/- 5s but I will work on the progressions first.

Also I didn't do the muscle ups because I don't have enough space and can't change my pull up bar, so instead I did the same number but 5kg weighted pull-ups. It's not the same thing but I didn't find other move to replace, maybe you can help me :)

The l-sit lifts was a pain too, I holded the l-sit and lifted but not much... will work on them too!

The bridge wall walks felt awesome to me. I just tried them once and I though they were boring and didn't care too much but today I did all 10x and I really noticed some improvement on back flexibility! I have some questions about it though: 1) should the legs be always straight and with feet together? 2) what about the arms? Should they be always straight too?

Awesome wod coach, thanks a lot! :)

Banzas

Peter Turnley

I'm new to doing the WOD's. I have a nice ache throughout my upper body this morning.

I modified slightly since I don't have room for muscle up, so did 5 dips, 5 pull ups.

Also after the second round I noticed that my hearing had dimmed temporarily (returned to normal after about 10 mins of rest). I have a tendency to hold my breath when under tension, which I'm trying to fix. Anyone experienced something similar?

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Went well.

This will be my last training today. I will going through 2.5 months of military training next.

I will see you guys back in August 17th. I will bring my rings and training as much as I can. Coach I shall see you in your Seminar in September!

Have a great summer guys!

Squatchy
SPARTAN-367 (PAT) said:
Went well.

This will be my last training today. I will going through 2.5 months of military training next.

I will see you guys back in August 17th. I will bring my rings and training as much as I can. Coach I shall see you in your Seminar in September!

Have a great summer guys!

You too man, GL :D

Stubadubb said:
A question about the HeS RLL...

This seems easier than the HeS Box Press Pike, which leads me to believe that I'm missing something/doing something wrong. Is it that I'm not keeping my hips over my shoulders (attempting that ramped up the difficulty)? Any feedback?

Yeah try to keep the hips over your shoulders, and add weight/resistance to your ankles if doing them BW only isn't enough.

I didn't have anyone to help me with resistance today, and I dont have weights to use here, so I wrapped a resistance band around my ankles, and stuck the other end under my head.

Eddie Stelling

WU:

Ido's shoulder routines

2x30s XR support

1x60s reverse plank

5x5 weighted straight arm dip shrugs w/ 105 lbs extra weight.

3 straddle press to HS

FSPs:

1x15s german hang

1x15s adv. frog stand

WOD:

3 rounds: Did 1 round of each giant set and repeated 3 times.

15s tuck PL + 5 Tempo MU (got all 5 each round!)

inverted hang---lower to 15s full lay/straddle BL + 5 Tempo weighted HeS RLL (10 lb med ball, was hard to squeeze the feet together and lift the legs)

FL pull---crappy straddle to adv. tuck FL + 5 Tempo L-sit Lifts (3,2) (pathetic, no tempo or pause, L-sit lift to highest V-sit I could on parallettes)

-some more ab work- not much

*Felt like crap, and was weak at everything. Beach drinking and sunburn killed me on Monday.