lonely day in the gym

Started by Niels Joergensen, May 28, 2011 · 13 Replies · 3,362 Views

Timy7

Nice video man and great progress!

Michael Traynor

You are going great guns mrneils, I know how you feel training alone, my gym only ever has me in it. Keep up the hard work it is clearly paying dividends!

Niels Joergensen

Thank you!

My training is going pretty well atm so I'm very excited! :)

Hopefully I will post my cross and straddle planche on rings they are almost down! :)

gymgreg

Lonely day in the gym... somehow that sounds familiar to me.

mrnielsjoergensen said:

Hopefully I will post my cross and straddle planche on rings they are almost down! :)

Sick, straddle planche on rings is beastly. Looking forward to seeing it.

Razz

Man you are strong! :D

Tefached

Nice man, keep going ! Handstand on rings is king ;)

gymgreg

Nice, getting there.

I am curious what the carryover from the easier progression is for you. Do you know what your current advanced / flat tuck planche is?

Razz

Man you are getting strong fast!

Niels Joergensen
gymgreg said:
Nice, getting there.

I am curious what the carryover from the easier progression is for you. Do you know what your current advanced / flat tuck planche is??

My flat tuck is somewhere around 40 sec on floor, maybe a little more. On rings I don't know I haven't tested. . I don't train the straddle planche regularly I mainly do it to measure progress. I haven't been training the straddle planche on rings almost at all. But I've found that having a straddle planche on floor isn't too much different from rings. It's more of a technical issue on rings in terms of proper balance and not letting your arms flare out.

But imo the flat tuck has helped me a lot. when you are getting close to 1 min on a flat tuck you should be able to do a straddle (personal experience)

gymgreg
mrnielsjoergensen said:
gymgreg said:
Nice, getting there.

I am curious what the carryover from the easier progression is for you. Do you know what your current advanced / flat tuck planche is??

My flat tuck is somewhere around 40 sec on floor, maybe a little more. On rings I don't know I haven't tested. . I don't train the straddle planche regularly I mainly do it to measure progress. I haven't been training the straddle planche on rings almost at all. But I've found that having a straddle planche on floor isn't too much different from rings. It's more of a technical issue on rings in terms of proper balance and not letting your arms flare out.

But imo the flat tuck has helped me a lot. when you are getting close to 1 min on a flat tuck you should be able to do a straddle (personal experience)

Interesting, thanks for the info and keep us updated on your progress.

Niels Joergensen

didn't want to make a new thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tVS5jRKjr4

I recently achieved a pike press on floor. Would it be the right choice to do negatives now? because I have a bit of trouble getting strong in my presses. might be because of bad compression and flexibility though.

Razz

Nice! I feel negatives are a great way to practice active compression. Also headstands just trying to learn to roll the spine in the correct way are great imo.