bodyweight curls.

Started by ilove2workout28, May 27, 2011 · 3 Replies · 4,224 Views

ilove2workout28

I know how to do this from an inverted position, but I can barely get my arms to a 90 degree angle (not even close). So what can I do as a curling exercise if I can do this and if I have no partner to assist me? Will straight arm work carry over to curling?

Daniel

Michael Traynor

A negative half reverse muscle up from a shoulder stand on the rings to an inverted hang is an negative body weight curl.

Michael Miskelly

Start doing these, the higher the rings are the less of your bodyweight you are curling so they allow for easy scaling to suit your level. Make sure you do them as slizz says and not a rowing motion.

Timy7

Shoulderstand, lower with feet on straps. Repeat.

I would just fall the first few weeks doing these, no I can pull from an inverted hang to a shoulderstand keeping feet on straps. Now I just need to work on the balance and Ill have the reverse muscle up!!! :twisted: