This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110526

Started by Coach Sommer, May 26, 2011 · 6 Replies · 1,885 Views

Coach Sommer

K7DaRCQh0lY

Complete four rounds:

2 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR HSPU

2 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Bulgarian Dips

2 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PPP

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Note that for today’s GB WOD, perform 2 Cast Wall Walks in between each of the assigned FBEs.

2) If 2 Cast Wall Walks are too easy, you may increase the number of repetitions up to 4 or you may also substitute the most challenging STRAIGHT-ARM Press HS variation that you are capable of performing for 2 repetitions.

3) During the XR HSPU be conscientious in completely locking the elbows and turning the rings out at the top of each repetition.

4) A common error during the XR Bulgarian Dips is allowing the elbows to drift backwards. This makes this elements much less demanding. Make sure to keep the elbows completely in line with the torso while descending to a 90 degree angle in both the elbow and the shoulder.

5) Focus on keeping the hands close to the hips at all times (top and bottom) during the XR PPP.

6) Rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds.

7) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Michael Traynor

I LOVE this workout, last time it was on I burst blood vessels in my cheeks :) roll on tonight!

Cole Dano

LOVE the new format.

Excellent changes to the WOD Coach!

Rikke Olsen

When we did this in the explosive version not too long ago, I couldn't handle the CWWs; I got severe a nosebleed.

The fact that I'm not getting them now must indicate I'm getting better at... something, lol.

Michael Traynor

Well as usual with Pushing WODs I got my butt kicked by loved it all the same, mmy workout looked more like:

4 Rounds of:

2 CWW

3 Horrible HSPU/HSPU Negatives

2 CWW

5 Bulgarian Dips

2 CWW

7 XR Pushups (which started as PPP and ended up being more like normal Pushups.

This is video of Rnd 2:

Zg3FGrL6IVg

Now my Pushing strength is still catching up to be on a par with my pulling, much to my frustration as I want to be including XR HSPU in my ring series days, Now I do still feel like partly my trouble is a little strength but far more my problem is the incredible amount of friction I generate from using the straps to assist.

Anyone find this too? Any advice other than "keep on trucking" - as I will do that regardless :)

kcjb

Breaks, thanks for posting your video. I found it very helpful.

This is only my second WOD, so I thought I'd post the struggles I had to see if anyone had insight. I started with wrist mobility, followed by testing my FSPs (needed to get some times down).

CWW: Generally I could do the first one without issue, but was fighting collapse on the second one. Strangely, towards the end the second one seemed to be easier to complete. I don't think my form was very good with these (gravity wasn't cooperating), but I did as well as I could manage.

HSPU: I couldn't find anything of the right height to put my feet on that would scale the exercise down. I'll definitely be looking for something to bring to the workout room for next time.

Bulgarian Dips: I could do these if I crossed my feet and allowed one toe to hit the floor, so that's what I did. These felt great... can't wait to do more.

XR Pushups: More or less did these without a lot of trouble, but the straps of the rings rubbed my arms a bit raw. Do you gents usually keep the rings a bit further apart than shoulder width?

Lastly, I also only did 3 giant sets.. there just wasn't anything left in the tank after 3.

Eddie Stelling

WU:

-Ido's Shoulder Routines

-6x6 straight arm dip shrugs w/ 70lb extra

-1x10 scapular pushup with blue band

-1x10 diamond scapular pushup with blue band

FSPs

WOD:

4 rounds:

4 Cast Wall Walks

3 XR HSPU

4 Cast Wall Walks

5 XR Bulgarian Dips

4 Cast Wall Walks

7 XR PPP

*Tough WOD but enjoyed it! Love the new programming coach! The weighted dip shrugs are helping me tremendously with my planche training. I have been doing them before training the tuck PL and i actually hold it better after the shrug work.