Row vs pushups ratio

Started by jollyrancher, May 25, 2011 · 4 Replies · 2,537 Views

jollyrancher

Hi chaps,

Me and my friend did a test. He can do 20 pushups and 10 rows on rings. I can do 10 of each. Is there any significance in this? Should they both be roughly equal?

It'd be interesting if there was a formula somewhere you could apply... like dips should be x % of chins, etc.

Regards,

John

Philip Chubb

I don't know if there is one for rows and pushups. Especially because the question becomes how elevated are the pushups compared to the rows. I do know that there is something like that however. Poliquin has a seminar on it called structural balance.

Philip Chubb

There you found it! I think it works a lot better with weights since there are less variables to account for. Hope that helped. Good training!

jollyrancher

Agh!

Someone already asked my exact same question...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4301

but better.