This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warik's Log

Started by Oldrich Polreich, May 24, 2011 · 4 Replies · 527 Views

Oldrich Polreich

Hi there.

After some time (aprox. 1 year) of reading the forum, I finally decided to start a log to track my progress and maybe get some feedback.

Few things to introduce myself: Im 20 years old freerunner from Czech Republic. I have some background in various sports/disciplines like orienteering, whitewater rafting and Greco-Roman wrestling. I have no gymnastic background whatsoever (sadly, gymnastics is not very popular around here) but I trained in gymnastic gym a lot during winter. I do freerunning for aprox. 3 years and gymnastic contitioning for 1 year, so I'm pretty much newbie :)

What can I do:

- Some basic prereq. (60s arch, hollow, plank, reverse plank, PB support, dead hang, german hang) are no problem for me (despite the fact that i never trained them specifically)

- FSPs: Lseat (perfect form) 40sec, FL adv.tuck 30sec, BL adv.tuck 40s (can hold half lay for aprox. 10sec but working form is horrible), Planche tuck 40sec (Adv.tuck 10sec), Straddle L (legs bend) 30s

- Handstand: 60s freestanding HS (not every time but most of them, can hold stomach to wall for 6minutes or so). I think that my form is quite good but still nowhere near perfect. I can hold one handed handstand (one finger assisting, legs together) for around 10sec.

- Tumbling and acrobatics: Basics, (front roll, back, roll, handstand roll, pike, straddled etc. + freerunning shoulder roll over both shoulders and to the sides), Roundoff, Cartwheels (Lunge-to-lunge, sideways, one handed. Currently working on cartwheels to both sides), Front handspring, Frontflip and Sideflip (freerunning style). Basic tricking stuff (Kick combos, tornado kick, 540, cartwheel-side/front flip)

My goals

-Most currently press handstands, Further development of FSPs and flexibility (wich is my biggest problem). I would also like to lose some weight and continue developing one handed handstand as well as general handstand form.

Oldrich Polreich

About my current programming:

I usually train three times a day. In the morning i do FSPs and other gymnastic strenght work. It takes about hour and half. Than in the afternoon, i go outside for couple of hours to do some technical work in freerunning and i finish my day with hour of handstand practise. I'm trying to train techniques and handstands every day and strenght work 5 days a week (rotating upper/lower body workouts of course). So far my body reacts well to the stress. I'm able to regenerate between workouts and i feel small improvements every day (Wich is i believe thanks to my rigorous aproach to joint/muscle preparation).

Oldrich Polreich

Nothing special today, just some basic acrobatics work, mainly sideflip. I'm still a bit sore from Tuesday's pulling and levers.

Few notes:

- I Need to tuck and untuck faster. Probably my biggest problem. I'm able to land on my feet (legs bent a bit) but nowhere near "zero point"

- Also i need to tuck more.

- Still got a bit of vertical rotation (takeoff sideways with both legs in line but turned a bit to the front on landing) but i can fix that later.

- I need to start drilling side on grass ASAP.

Oldrich Polreich

My deltoids are still a bit sore from Lever/Pulling i did on Tuesday.

Strenght:

Warmup: FSP warmup, some handstands, wrist preparation, joint mobility. Soreness in deltoids is gone.

Than

-12x5s SSC Planche Adv. Tuck (better than first time, neural adaptation kicks in probably. Hips still low :( )

-3x5 Tuck Planche pushup (No problem here, sufficiently hard)

-3x3 German hang -> Invert pike press (No problem)

I'm thinking about adding second FSP (L-seat?) to this workout, along with some harder core variation (HLL or Body lever). Going to test it next time.

Techniques:

Too tired to do something special. Just regular warmup (kicks, cartwheels) and few sideflip and slant gainer repetitions.

Flexibility:

My forearms and palms are too sore to do handstands, so i worked on some flexibility instead. Aprox. 30 minutes divided between pike stretch and splits work.

Oldrich Polreich

Saturday:

- Some chilled technical work. Working on better tuck in both front/side flip. My sideflip is much better now.

Strenght:

- Warmup with FSP warmup and a lot of handstands (kinda combined my strenght and handstand work into one workout)

• 3x5 HeS pike press

• 12x5s SSC Planche Adv. Tuck

• 3x5 Wall pike press

• 3x5 HeSPU

• 3x10 Situps+

- Planche absolutely crushed me. My elbow are still sore now, I hope they recover soon (need more ice).

- I need to work more on HS presses. My Wall pike press is very week.

- I can finally do HeSPU freestanding.

Sunday:

- 10x80m sprint intervals

- Than some easy precision jumps, and few flips.

Handstands:

- My elbows were super-sore from saturday's planche work, so i took it easy. Just some alignment work.

- Still need to work on "relaxed tension" during handstand.