flair to handstand, handstand to flair

Started by Alessandro Mainente, May 24, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,512 Views

Alessandro Mainente

there is someone who can do this skill? now flare for me is simple, i use it to gain spee din a breaking combo, but i can't understand how i can lift my body to handstand...i need the press to handstand?

AlexX

Just a guess as I've never practiced this but I I would say that you at least need the technique of a press handstand, meaning you'll need to know how to lift your hips up over your shoulders. You probably won't need as much strength as a regular press handstand since there is momentum to help you along.

Most people that I've seen doing this skill either have a press handstand or have a very easy time learning one (some breakdancers learn it without learning a press handstand).

Alessandro Mainente

is for this reason that i asked if the press to handstand is needed, i can do it, but i don0t know how i can use it!!

AlexX

Ah I see what you are saying, you need technique help and that I can't help with since I am not familiar with the technique for it. I would suggest contacting a local gymnastics gym around (that has a boys team) and asking if they will be willing to help you out. My friend that use to breakdance did that to get his flairs.

Alessandro Mainente

unfortunaltely in the gym where i usually go, the gymnast are younger than me, also if they do pommel routine no one can do flair now...damn

Philip Chubb

Have you looked on drillsandskills? He has a few tips for it.

Alessandro Mainente

i never hear that before!!