Strenght Test, Form Check, Advices

Started by Leandro, May 22, 2011 · 6 Replies · 2,164 Views

Leandro

Yesterday I tested strenght on everything:

QQcMmTW8WQI

Video has:

15 Chin Ups

8 Tuck Front Lever Rows

10 Front Lever Pulls

20 Dips

15 PPP (not on XR)

9 HeSPU

8 HLL

Assisted Muscle Ups

5 SLS

18s LSit

24s Adv Frog Stand

23 Front Lever Tuck

14s Back Lever Tuck

22s German Hang

28s XR Suport Hold

Floor Handstand Attempts

PB Handstand Attempts

Free PB HSPU Attempts

Assisted Iron Cross (just a little joke)

Soundtrack credit to my girlfriend =D

I just got rid of an elbow injury, and I want to start from now on seriously and not get injured anymore.

German Hangs and Back levers still give me some instant weirdness and pain, that go away in a minute (it was always like this).

Should I spend more time with assisted german hangs before training unassisted GH and back levers? All the FSP for me are very draining. Should I stick with short holds for now??

Also, is getting iron cross and planche a realistic goal for me? I have 32y, and 1,82m and 90kg.

Any coments or advices are welcome!

Rings

I really like your handstand,very straight!! I envy :oops:

Why not try chin ups and dips in L-sit?

I think iron cross and planche should be a realistic goal for you,but not yet. This is a nice question when someone already can do a straddle planche,think so.

Just can say,work a lot straight arms exercises and also focus your scapular muscles when training.

Keep work!

Leandro

Thanks! I've been focusing a lot in getting a straight line in HS. I used to arch a lot.

I can do chins in L, never tried dips though. I'm moving now to weighted chins to hopefully get OAC in the future, and ring dips. Funny I can do 20 PB dips but 5 ring dips with good form gets me fried! What I really wanted is to finally get the unassisted muscle up down so I can use it in the real conditioning.

Yeah, straight arm conditioning is the thing! But I'm a little afraid to jump to GH and BL, because as I said, I get a little weirdness an pain just after the exercise. Guess I need to take lightly with them and focus on support holds and planche leans...

Rings
Leandro said:
Thanks! I've been focusing a lot in getting a straight line in HS. I used to arch a lot.

Yep,looks a solid straight line,congratulations!

How you fix the arch? I´ve an issue with that.

I know what you say about the pain with straight arm work. I got a little pain when I started with rings,I throught I could do a full planche in 3 months...HA!

After one year,I can do 2" straddle plache (fried) and I decided focus my work in get a solid advanced tuck on floor (palm backward,biceps forward and expand my back)

Be calm and perseverance!

I would love see a 90 kilos body doing Iron cross :shock:

Leandro

Try HS with stomach to wall. Other than that is just body awareness I think. Get to an inverted hang on rings and keep everything straight and tight, now go to a HS and try to get that same feeling in the core and lower body. My defect was to keep my abs too relaxed, then I kinda "suported" my hips and legs above the lower back. A lot of strain in the lumbar! Try to avoid that and keep a straight body with your abs too.

Man, 3 months! I didnt get even a single adv. frog stand that fast lol.

Yeah, 90 kilos is a pain to bodyweight feats, maybe I can lose 3-4kg more, probably wont make iron cross much easier and I will be too skinny...

Samuel Carr

Im surprised you can do so many full lay front lever pulls

Leandro
element3904 said:
Im surprised you can do so many full lay front lever pulls

I'm using some momentum in this video. In the regular training I usually do tucked FL pulls, more slowly and controlled.