Mitja petkovšek in finals!

Started by Gregor, August 9, 2008 · 17 Replies · 7,584 Views

Gregor

My friend Mitja Petkovšek quilifyd in finals on the p. bars! His score was 16.125!

Hope best for him.

cathal

your friends with him? yeah i was watching him, he had a great routine on the PB's. good luck to him.

jordan jovtchev threw up a great ring routine also. i really hope he can finally get his gold medal!

Gregor

Yeah we are friends, Slovenia is really very small country :D

We train in the same gym.

Coach Sommer

Great Score & Congratulations!

Please extend my congratulations to your friend Mitja, Gregor. 16.125 is a great score! I look forward to seeing him in event finals.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gregor
Coach Sommer said:

Please extend my congratulations to your friend Mitja, Gregor.

I will :)

Yea it's great score, but in finals for medal, I'm afraid not good enough.

In finals he will compeet with belle, so A score will be 16,8 and not 16,6.

I hope on your television you have whole gymnastics. We have just small insert, because we have quite alot of competitors at the same time.

So I didn't see any chinese gymnast almost nobody in final on p.bars.

Coach Sommer

Gregor,

What is Mitja's routine?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gregor

With belle 16,8.

from bent arm support ( on biceps not bent arm support)jump to stradle press to handstand, basket (felge??)360°, basket, basket 180°, tucked belle,tipelt, heally, ju jutsu, peters, stradle salto forward to bent support, jump to stradle press to handstand and double piked backward.

It's not that high A score like koreians and chinese, but is more cleaner.

So I hope for best.

Edward Smith

P-bars routines amaze me, the way they do somersault landing in a handstand or from swinging through (from below the bars) and land in a straddle L-sit. They are just amazing. Best of luck to him Gregor!

Ed

Valentin

Best of luck to him..

LJoll
ed x said:
swinging through (from below the bars) and land in a straddle L-sit.

That's what particularly amazes me the most, although that's probably because I can relate to it the most, as I've tried straddle L-sits on the floor and know just how badly it would end if I tried to jump into one on bars. Everything else (other than handstand presses) are a bit of an unknown quantity so far.

Gregor

Sadly Mitja made a bad mistake with heally and he ended fifth on olympics. Without that mistake he would be second and silver medal would be his.

We are still proud of him!!!

Valentin

That is a shame. At least Li Xioapeng won, who clearly showed the best P-bars routine.

Beutifull work. However i have to say i feel stink for Mitja because he is so so so good as well. Has he won a Olympic gold before?

Gregor

No, none olympic medals....He said he will try for 2012 in London.

Valentin

Wicked.. Hopefully he will upgrade his Routine or something. I dont think 4 more years of the same routine would be to much fun. Than again...haha

Gregor

In new code of points for the next olympic cycle, piked and tucked Belle will go down for one tense, and it will be only one execution of saltos allowed (piked or tucked). So with that changes he will have even more badass exercise compare to others :lol::lol::lol:

Coach Sommer

Still an Outstanding Accomplishment

Fifth in the Olympics is still an outstanding accomplishment and something to be very proud of. Once again, please extend my congratulations to Mitja for an excellent effort.

There is an International Jr Team Cup in Germany next March that I am currently planning on taking Allan to; will any of your students be competing there?

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Gregor

I will extend..Of course is great succses but he is disapointet, he wanted more as he is a curently world champion. He changed exercise at the end, after heally he should made a ju jitsu, but they throw it away. So he wanted to make a heally a little slower and then he made THE MISTAKE (sholder where a little bit to much out of the line).

I don't know, beacuse it's not in my hands...For that is responsibly our junior national coach if we will go there. then if they decide that we can go, then there comes a team selection....

Congrats to JOHNATHON HORTON to coach, great succsess. Wery nice cassina element and double streched 1080° 8)

Gregor

Mitja thanks for congrats Coach!!!