Grip transitions

Started by Ryan Libke, May 20, 2011 · 1 Replies · 2,388 Views

Ryan Libke

In working on some of the latest WODs featuring ring series, there is a need to go from a support position, say, to a move that requires the false grip. As an example, in the WOD for May 17, 2011, the execution of the cross dips could benefit from the use of a false grip on the crossing arm. (I kept my wrist straight, which made the cross part more difficult.) There have been some other instances.

Are there any drills to help with this? Any advice?

On the reverse side, once I have lost the false grip, there seems very little I can do to retain it in a series, absent wild casting about.

Timy7

This isnt gonna sound very helpful, but spend more time in the false grip.

Just hang, practice using forearm strength to go from a regular dead hang into a false grip and back.

Same thing used to happen to me, then I started working on the above and no more problems going into and back out of false.

Good luck.