Hey guys
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on learning how to cook. I just got out of college for the summer, and one of my biggest goals is to learn to be self-sufficient in terms of food. I don't want to be a great chef, I just want to prepare edible food in a time (and preferably cost) efficient manner
In college I eat at a dining hall, which is actually pretty good. I eat a ton of meat and (usually raw) vegetables , and through the magic of all-you-can-eat dining, I've gained 20 pounds my freshman year (came in between 135 and 140, now between 155 and 160).
Anyway, now that I'm home, I'm worried I'll lose the weight I've gained, since its simply harder to come by as much food. I'm sure I won't actually lose 20 pounds, but a side effect of bulking is that I've become a little compulsive about food. What I really want is to continue this and get up to 165+ by the end of the summer.
My mom usually makes dinner (meat, vegetables), and I often eat leftovers or things around the house for breakfast/lunch. I have a shitload of time on my hands, so it would be nice to learn to cook for myself and my family. Any tips?
Thanks