This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 110517

Started by Coach Sommer, May 17, 2011 · 13 Replies · 2,155 Views

Coach Sommer

Complete the following:

3 sets of: 2 L-sit MU, press to shoulder stand, forward roll to shoulder stand, 2 XR HSPU, lower down to support, 2 cross dips, roll backward to BL, FL

5x15 seconds FL

5x15 seconds XR Strap HS

5x15 seconds German Hang

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) The L-sit MU begins from a hanging L-sit and then maintains that L-sit all the way to the top of the MU where it finishes in an XR L-sit. It should be performed with an emphasis on strength; keeping the kipping minimized or preferably eliminated all together. Be especially conscientious in locking your arms and turning out the rings at the top of each repetition.

3) Progressions for developing the XR shoulder stand are found in the Basic Ring Strength 3 essay.

4) A Cross Dip is performed by dipping down with one arm bent as for a normal ring dip and the other arm straight as though descending into an Iron Cross. Be sure to switch arms for the next repetition. If your straight arm strength is insufficient for full ROM, reduce the ROM as necessary while continuing to maintain high quality.

5) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

6) Complete all 3 sets of the ring strength series prior to beginning the static hold position sets.

7) Perform the static hold sets as a single giant set; perform a set of FL, then move immediately to the XR Strap HS and then move immediately to the German Hang.

8 ) A short rest (30-60 sec) is allowed during the static hold positions work only after a single giant set has been completed.

Michael Traynor

Cross Dips :D Awesome :) roll on after work!

Rikke Olsen

This was a killer! :D

Those cross dips are a good idea! (And pretty tough, too!)

Tarun Suri

I'm loving these new additions to the WoDs!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Damn ... :?

John Sapinoso

STOKED FOR THIS ONE!

Can't wait to get to the gym!!!!

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Today it was a huge mess... nothing worked.. got my ass kicked!!! :oops:

Deadlift: 135#(5) - 165#(5) - 200#(5)

3 sets:

2 L-Sit Muscle Up

Press to Shoulder Stand

FWD roll to Shoulder Stand

2 XR HSPU (FAIL)

Lower to Support

2 Cross Dips

Rest 3-5 mins

STOPPED HERE... I was out of it.

Finish with 2 x 10 Wall Extensions

BGaBGjSLyvU

Ryan Libke

Looking forward to this one. And, in a way, I will rolling forward instead of just looking forward.

Mark Wyly

This was just tougher then I thought it would be. First time attempting Cross dips. There were points i thought my arms were going to give out on this one. Video of third set.

What programs does everyone use to make their videos? I don't have patiencue to use windows movie maker to combine them b/c 50% of time that program freezes on my comp.

Thnx for the workout Coach!

ljG3embYW98

I don't know if it is because of the combo of yesterday's WOD but my arms felt ready to give a few times. Had to fight it out on the third set.

David Picó García

ts00nami, i'm impressed by your first L-sit muscle up :shock:

Mats Trane

Cross Dips! My god... I did this wod this morning and I thought I would manage the Cross Dips but NO! Either I have the wrong technic or I´m just to weak for this. Anyway its always good to find weak links and work on those

Eddie Stelling

-WU: Ido's shoulder routines

-3x8 locked arm dip shrugs

-2x8 scapula pushups (normal and diamond hand placement)

-Handstand Work: 20-30 min Worked on bowers and trying to figure out the one arm HS

-FSPs:

6x10s tuck PL

3x12s straddle BL

3x25s L-sit floor

3 rounds:

2 L-sit MU---press to shoulder stand---fwrd roll to shoulder stand---2 HSPU---lower to support---2 cross dips---roll back to straddle BL---pull to straddle FL

5x15s adv. tuck FL

5x15s XR strap HS

5x15s german hang

I can't move my arms. I should have done the ring series first. Holy crap that was tough!

Rikke Olsen

You guys are amazing! I'd get totally mocked and embarassed if I posted my attempts, haha :lol: